“Tasty Sandwiches and soups”
Review of Ye Olde Sub Base

Ye Olde Sub Base
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Clinton
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Good food, not too much in the way of seating area though

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I moved out of Clinton and NJ twelve years ago. Have lived in many places and nothing NOTHING can even touch this place. I am rarely in NJ anymore, but when I am or close too (an hour trip is not odd) I try to make it here. I think the #13 was the Italian with oil vinegar a little bit of mayo and oregano....I am in heaven.... Miss u sub base! No one else compares don't change a thing!

2  Thank Rhodestraveled
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is a hole in the wall joint that has stood the test of time... I have been going out of my way to get great subs here fro nearly 25 years. We often take our sandwich to go, the shop has just a few tables. When we take our sandwiches we cross the street to Citi Spot Coffee and get our drinks there... We have a seat outside and enjoy our town. Clinton is a great destination spot. After lunch week look for desert, ice cream at JJ Scoops or something from any of the bakeries in town. Come spend the afternoon, be sure to get lunch here... the price and quality cannot be beat.

4  Thank betsyconroy
Reviewed April 29, 2010

They do subs and soups like no other. If the run out of bread they close. It is so tasty and they have the best soups. Try a sloppy joe if you have never had the deli version. FAB. The staff is great and you can order it for parties. Casual awsome deli...just a few seats inside so you may have to take it to go if it is the lunch rush!

2  Thank HungaryHippo
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I would update the hole in the wall. Make it look a little cleaner. Best subs ever. The soup is to die for!

1  Thank Cindlylou