“Food is top-notch”
Review of Clinton House

Clinton House
Reserve with OpenTable
Clinton House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Clinton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Central New Jersey
“Food is top-notch”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the Clinton House for many years - it's always busy and you can count on the food being phenomenal - albeit a bit pricey. But it's worth it. Saturday night we popped in and ate at the bar - I'm doing a very restrictive diet and of course, they were completely accommodating. Had a delish salmon filet with a tarragon cream sauce and extra veggies, no starch. Yum. Hubby had their version of buffalo chicken tenders which he said were excellent as well. We entertained another couple and our friend from the U.K. back in June and had more of a formal meal - everyone was very pleased with their food.

• Visited August 2013

Cirencester
“Fabulous Restaurant”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ate at the Clinton House with business colleagues last week. The whole dining experience was first class. You are made to feel welcome from the moment you arrive and nothing was too much trouble. The waitress who served us gave a list of salad dressings but the one I really wanted (raspberry vinegarette) was not mentioned. 'No problem' she said..'I make a great raspberry vinegarette so I will make you one'. It was sublime.

The entrees were awesome. I wanted my Filet Mignon cooked 'Pittsburg style' and it was done to perfection. The food was of the highest quality.

The building itself dates back over 100 years and it has a wonderful ambiance.

Finally, Bass beer on draught - what more can I say?

A really wonderful place to dine. Highly recommended by one slightly overweight UK food lover! I will return when I'm next in the USA.

Visited July 2013
Washington Twp, NJ USA
“EXCELLENT as always!!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Mother's Day dinner was excellent...food excellent, service excellent, atmosphere excellent...great day!!

Visited May 2013
Graham, North Carolina
“Awesome food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Huge, flavorful prime rib for my wife and i had an equally great fliet mignon. Great setting in an established restaruant. no cheap, but price in line with quality service and food. traveling from NC to ME

Staunton, Virginia
“Traditional & Fabulous Old School Food; Not Formal”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Great traditional food (very rare today) in a nice historical setting. Menu like the fine old restaurants of yesterday and totally professional service (not at all like when your server says their name and "I am here to take care of you" and then they don't.) Anyway, old school but not too formal, just East Coast small town but really great food. They do not have to reinvent their menu every night with farm to table B.S. but just have the fresh blue crab cocktail with no ice beneath just more crab! Fantastic and one order served 3 of us. The filet fixed any of their several ways is fabulous; best filet in years: very thick with an incredible crust and rare inside and all of optional sauces great! Can't wait to return on our next NYC trip and stop by for many more great dishes to try: Beef Wellington (who even does that anymore!) etc. etc. etc. Go Clinton House & don't change!

Visited June 2013