“Could be better”
Review of Tomatillo - CLOSED

Tomatillo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We both had skirt steak on a Sunday night. Mine as fajitas, hers as soft taco. The meat just did not have a fresh flavor. Rest of the flavors - onions, peppers, etc were good. It is very casual atmosphere, simple. Prices were a bit on the high side I thought. I would give it another try, but not in a hurry to do so.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Looking for something different, I happened to notice this place as I drove by. It was not your typical Mexican restaurant. The salsa was fresh, with small chopped pieces of tomato, onion, cilantro, etc. Very good flavor and not spicy. Chips were smaller than normal but very good. Entrees are very filling. I would highly recommend trying it out!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Needed some non-fast food while around Clinton NJ at the end of August. Remembered that I had had a great meal at the Mexican place near the library the previous summer. I was surprised that El Segundo was gone, and in its place was Tomatillo, a new Mexican place, different owners. I was a bit trepidatious, as there was only one other table attended in the cozy room. Ordered a chicken burrito, medium-hot, and it was absolutely the best burrito I have ever had. I was full 3/4 of the way to done, but finished it as it was so good.
Don't normally write reviews, but there were so many meh or negative reviews of this place that I felt the need to chime in

1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

No complaints about the food or service. I started with the chicken soup which had huge chunks of vegetables and shredded chicken. Also a very tasty broth. Next I had the flank steak fajita. Itspresentation was gorgeous as it came out on a sizzling plate. My only complaint was that compared to the amount of peppers and onions there could have been a little more steak. I was not disappointed though. It was a very tasty meal. Ill definitely be back!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Food was delicious; wait staff was excellent - would definitely go back again. It's less TexMex and more authentic Mexican. Well worth the trip.