“Very unimpressed”
Review of Country Griddle - CLOSED

Country Griddle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We went here for breakfast one morning and i'm pretty sure they use imitation eggs. They were bright yellow and had no flavor!! The hash browns were better than the eggs, but again not much flavor and undercooked.
The menu is absolutely huge, and our service was good, but nothing could make up for the food. I didn't even eat my omelet.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stopped at this place with a friend the other day. I have seen it from the highway and it always has had cars in the lot, so we stopped in to see how it was. As the name implies, this is not haute cuisine. It is a very large restaurant, with a country theme, huge menu, lots of big eaters, and reasonable prices. The portions were very generous. We were there for breakfast. An order of oatmeal ($2,50) was huge, and it was delicious, although there was too much to finish. A side of bacon was probably at least five well-cooked slices for $2.50. Nothing wimpy about these bacon strips. The hash browns ($1.99), requested well done, were not, but were good regardless. A breakfast sandwich with two eggs, cheese and bacon was a delicious bargain at $4.50, And on and on. Huge trays of five-stack pancakes with sides went by for other tables and they were enormous and under $7. In fact, I don't think anything on the menu for breakfast exceeded $7.50. The restrooms were clean and while the ambiance was not at all fancy, the waitstaff were friendly, there was plenty of free parking, and the service was prompt. The also have a very large menu for lunch and dinner, again reasonably priced and my hunch is that the portions remain huge. A children's menu was larger than most. I think that I saw some kind of a bar on the way in, but did not explore that.

If you are on the road in Clinton, NJ, this is a good stop for a major fill-up.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stopped here for dinner on our way home from a weekend getaway. It's sort of a combination diner/lounge and seems also to be popular with locals. It was easy to access from Rt. 78. We sat at a booth in the bar area, but there also was a separate dining room. Service was prompt and friendly. Food was just ok, but portions were huge - there were plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.