“solid”

Hampton Inn Clinton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel lives up to Hampton Inn's reputation as a clean, reliable hotel chain. no problems. Nice staff, decent breakfast, clean rooms. I was in a double, and the room could have been a little bigger to accommodate the two beds, but otherwise very satisfactory.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
David B, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review online! I am so happy that you loved and had a great stay at out newly renovated hotel. Any time i get a review like this is makes me happy and thrilled that our guest are happy with the changes we made at the hotel. I hope you will come back soon and maybe i will have the chance to meet you. Thank you Again, have a great day

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Clinton, NJ Hampton Inn is a great place to stay...with a great location! The staff is very friendly and helpful when needed and we love the place so much, it's our home base when we're in town. It was our 3rd time staying in the Clinton location and we never have any issues. We will continue to stay there whenever we come to town!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
David B, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time out your busy day to give us a great review on TripAdvisor. I love that you continue to have great stay after great stay, when you stay here. The Hampton inn, in Clinton NJ appreciates you as a return customer. Next time you are in tow I would love to meet you personally.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were overall very pleased with our stay at this location. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful. We hadn't intended to stay at this location but due to a vehicle breakdown spent three days in two different rooms. We did feel the first floor King suite was much superior than the handicap room they had to move us to on our second night. They were overbooked and had to move us, but we were still very happy that they were able to accommodate us. The wifi worked great and we enjoyed having a nice flat screen, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker in our room. It was a pleasant surprise to find that pets stay free. We were so grateful that they allowed pets and they have nice areas around the hotel to walk your dog. It really bothers us when hotels tell you they are pet friendly and then want to charge outrageous amounts. We can't express how important this is to people who travel with their pets. There is a Cracker Barrel you can walk to that is adjacent to their parking lot and a shopping center in the same vicinity. If you have time while in the area, I suggest a visit to the beautiful Red Mill and dine at the River View or one of the other cute local eateries nearby. I highly recommend staying at this location and am looking forward to future stays.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joyflnoise
David B, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time out of your busy day and giving us such a great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time here. I really hope to have you back here at the hotel soon. Thank you again for coming and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding party. We found the front desk people to be friendly and efficient, the room to be comfortable and quiet, and the breakfast very adequate. The hotel provided the wedding guests with transportation to the venue (which was much appreciated) and they put up with our reveling without complaint (also much appreciated).

The hotel is undergoing some renovations, which points to their desire to keep the property up-to-date. I'm sorry that other reviewers found this to be an imposition, but we spoke with the workman doing the renovations - they were friendly and trying to be as unobtrusive as possible.

If you're visiting Clinton, this is a good place to stay.....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
David B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Can't thank-you enough it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our second stay at this Hamton Inn. The first one went without a hitch, and seemed to be a good place to stay for a couple days because of its location.This time, not so much.

When we arrived, and were assigned a room, workers were there changing all the locks. They pretty much made the hall carpets filthy which we assumed would be cleaned up. They never were while we were there. Shortly after we got in the room, and started unpacking, they advised that we had to change rooms because the new lock was not working. We got the keys to the new room, and moved our things. That evening I left the room to get some ice. My wife was in the room in her nightgown, and since I was coming right back, she didn't bolt the door. While I was getting ice, some people with bags were complaining that the front desk had given them keys to a room that was occupied, with somebody in the room. When I got back to the room, I found out they had barged in on my wife in her nightgown. The next nighe we were going out to a dinner dress up affair. When we went to put on our formal shoes, we couldn't find them. We checked the car in case our memories were faulty, and then realized they must habeen left in the closet in the other room since that was the only thingwe put in the closet before we were moved. Thinking we may have to go to the formal affair in our sneakers, we went down and talked to the desk. They checked the lost & found, but they weren't there. The desk clerk then disappeared, and shortley came back wioth our shoes, which we changed in the lobby. While we were thankful to get our shoes, it seems like they should have figured out they were ours when they were turned in. I couldn't get on the internet using our new room number, so on a whim I tried the first room number, and got on. Later on I decided that parking in the back would be closer to our room via the door back there that said use your room key to get in. Of course it didn't work, so I walked around to the front. We had been been willing to put up with just one small trash can in the room, covering up the air conditioner, which blows directly on anyone sitting at the desk, no safe, the new trend with a duvette (not sure that's the right word) on the beds, where you have your choice between being too hot, or too cold, etc., but the other problems will have us staying elsewhere on our next trip to my native area.

Room Tip: See how hard you can slam the room doors. Everybody does, regardless of the hour.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
David B, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Sir, I am so sorry for what happen to you during your stay, when you come to the Hampton you should never have to go through what you had to do while you stayed with us. Yes we did put new locks in the hotel during your stay and some times we do need to go in rooms with people in it but when do, do this we knock 1st and always have a manager present when this happens.
I know you have a bad picture in your mind when you think Hampton Inn Clinton NJ but i will like to prove to you and make up for the bad stay last time, next time you are in town. Please contact me directly so i can personally take care of you and your reservation. Thank you for taking your time to answer us.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Obviously has been recently renovated. Rooms and bathrooms are modern and the beds very comfortable. Had a great night sleep. Good breakfast with something fir everyone. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013
David B, Front Desk/Breakfast Area at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I want to thank-you for your comments that were greatly appreciated. We have been trying hard to improve our breakfast selections. As well as make your stay a pleasure.
Pat D

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The remodeling that was done was money well spent. I couldn't have asked for anything else to make my stay more comfortable. The breakfast selection was terrific and the staff was attentive to the area to make sure that it remained clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank-you we do appreciate you comments, as for the breakfast we are trying our best to accommodate as many guest dietary needs or preferences as possible.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville

Been to Hampton Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!