“Mistakes and dirty”

Hampton Inn Clinton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our second stay at this Hamton Inn. The first one went without a hitch, and seemed to be a good place to stay for a couple days because of its location.This time, not so much.

When we arrived, and were assigned a room, workers were there changing all the locks. They pretty much made the hall carpets filthy which we assumed would be cleaned up. They never were while we were there. Shortly after we got in the room, and started unpacking, they advised that we had to change rooms because the new lock was not working. We got the keys to the new room, and moved our things. That evening I left the room to get some ice. My wife was in the room in her nightgown, and since I was coming right back, she didn't bolt the door. While I was getting ice, some people with bags were complaining that the front desk had given them keys to a room that was occupied, with somebody in the room. When I got back to the room, I found out they had barged in on my wife in her nightgown. The next nighe we were going out to a dinner dress up affair. When we went to put on our formal shoes, we couldn't find them. We checked the car in case our memories were faulty, and then realized they must habeen left in the closet in the other room since that was the only thingwe put in the closet before we were moved. Thinking we may have to go to the formal affair in our sneakers, we went down and talked to the desk. They checked the lost & found, but they weren't there. The desk clerk then disappeared, and shortley came back wioth our shoes, which we changed in the lobby. While we were thankful to get our shoes, it seems like they should have figured out they were ours when they were turned in. I couldn't get on the internet using our new room number, so on a whim I tried the first room number, and got on. Later on I decided that parking in the back would be closer to our room via the door back there that said use your room key to get in. Of course it didn't work, so I walked around to the front. We had been been willing to put up with just one small trash can in the room, covering up the air conditioner, which blows directly on anyone sitting at the desk, no safe, the new trend with a duvette (not sure that's the right word) on the beds, where you have your choice between being too hot, or too cold, etc., but the other problems will have us staying elsewhere on our next trip to my native area.

Room Tip: See how hard you can slam the room doors. Everybody does, regardless of the hour.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
David B, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Sir, I am so sorry for what happen to you during your stay, when you come to the Hampton you should never have to go through what you had to do while you stayed with us. Yes we did put new locks in the hotel during your stay and some times we do need to go in rooms with people in it but when do, do this we knock 1st and always have a manager present when this happens.
I know you have a bad picture in your mind when you think Hampton Inn Clinton NJ but i will like to prove to you and make up for the bad stay last time, next time you are in town. Please contact me directly so i can personally take care of you and your reservation. Thank you for taking your time to answer us.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Obviously has been recently renovated. Rooms and bathrooms are modern and the beds very comfortable. Had a great night sleep. Good breakfast with something fir everyone. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013
David B, Front Desk/Breakfast Area at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I want to thank-you for your comments that were greatly appreciated. We have been trying hard to improve our breakfast selections. As well as make your stay a pleasure.
Pat D

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The remodeling that was done was money well spent. I couldn't have asked for anything else to make my stay more comfortable. The breakfast selection was terrific and the staff was attentive to the area to make sure that it remained clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
David B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank-you we do appreciate you comments, as for the breakfast we are trying our best to accommodate as many guest dietary needs or preferences as possible.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a fairly standard example of the Hampton Inn chain, located just off the interstate next to a Walmart and a Cracker Barrel restaurant. Room well equipped with microwave and fridge as well as coffee maker, but sound-proofing left something to be desired. Lots of dogs on the ground floor, some very snappy. Other than the Cracker Barrel, which for many is a last resort place to eat, nowhere within walking distance to eat. Staff very friendly, had frozen dinners for sale, nice people, somewhat disappointing breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate your comments and would like you to know we are currently looking for ideas on other breakfast items that you might prefer. We do take customer comments and try to incorporate them if we possibly can. When a guest requests something we try to accommodate them if not this stay hopefully their next stay

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We are moving to the area and needed a place to stay while looking for a house. Clean and comfortable with great customer service. We've been there the last 2 weekends and will be there again next weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer and replay to us o TripAdvisor. I am so glade that you had a great stay with us. Since your last stay here we have made some positive changes to our hotel which i think you will like. I am do looking forward to having you in our hotel again and meeting you, thank you again......

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Room vise it is an average hotel but this was the best customer service experience I had so far. After a long taxi ride from the Newark airport it turned out that I cannot pay with my credit card, but the hotel helped me out right away. Furthermore the next day no taxis were available so one of the staff members offered to bring me to my office!
I can recommend this hotel to everyone because good people are running it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
David B, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, I am very happy you had a great time at our time and hope you will be back soon !!!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The check-in staff was very friendly and helpful even though they were dealing with their air conditioning breaking down in the lobby. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Only minor thing wrong was the air conditioning unit in the room sounded like it was leaking on the rug. I thought it was pouring rain outside at first. I would defintitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville

Been to Hampton Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!