“Good one night stay hotel”

Hampton Inn Clinton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Pittsburgh
“Good one night stay hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on my way to NYC from Pittsburgh. Hotel is being renovated. Hotel hallways make you worry what the rooms will look like but I was pleasantly surprised as my room was nice. The thermostat system is still outdated but worked fine. Hotel staff was very friendly and did provide snacks even though they do not have a convenience store. The only major issue I experienced was that my GPS did not bring me to the hotel. I highly recommend using 1 Walmart Plaza in Clinton to arrive with no issues.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had two rooms - a handicapped and a regular King.
1. The ‘handicapped room’ did not have a walk in shower. In fact, I had EXACTLY the same bathroom as the 'handicapped room'. The only difference between the bedroom portion of my room and the handicapped was two queen beds versus a king. I do not consider this room a ‘handicapped’ room in any sense of the word.
2. The lamp on the nightstand next to the bed had a short and made many sizzling sounds and went on and off.
3. There was no clock in the handicapped room.
4. Only the first floor has walk in showers, so if you need a walk in shower, insist on the first floor.
5. My room was not very clean. There was a sticky residue on the side of the bedside table and a fine grit on the furniture (the hotel was under renovation). The phones did not work. Someone did come to fix the phones, and he also cleaned the side of the bedside table.
6. The worst part of the night was when, after midnight, some people came onto the third floor yelling and running into the walls. They slammed the doors several times, talked very loudly, and kept running/falling into the walls.

Overall, we were quite unhappy and will absolutely never stay at that hotel again.

On a positive note, the first two ladies we dealt with at the front desk, and the man who came to the room to fix the phone, were friendly and tried to be helpful. The man who was on the front desk later that night (after midnight) did not seem to have any sense of urgency over problems.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton many times over the last six years. It's starting to get dated, so the owner is in the process of renovation. On this visit, in late March, when I walked into the lobby, the breakfast area was stripped out and in the process of an upgrade.

My room was clean but had not been renovated. The HVAC unit (window unit with thermostat on the wall) made a racket when it operated and the sink drained slowly. I mentioned both to the front desk the next morning, and the HVAC system seemed to have been repaired but the sink still drained slowly.

The renovation crew apparently stays in the hotel. They were working until 9:00 p.m. in a room above me my second night as I could hear a power drill until that time. Since the noise stopped before I was ready for bed, I didn't call the front desk.

Wi-fi worked and didn't seem particularly slow. The TV was a flat screen with a modest array of cable channels and Showtime. The desk chair had been updated, but the old chair was still taking up space in the room.

The bathroom had a standard tub/shower with shower curtain. The lavatory had plenty of counter space. The hotel provided the full range of Hampton toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, skin lotion, mouthwash, and bath gel). The ones that I used were replaced the next day.

Breakfast was served in a conference room, though I didn't stop either morning of my visit for a bite. Before the renovation, seating could be a bit tight in the breakfast area on busy mornings. It was really tight in the conference room when I stuck my head in.

The pool is outside, but I've never used it.

The location has one positive attribute. A Wal-Mart is just up the hill in case you forget something. There's also a Dunkin' Donuts in the Wal-Mart that opens at 7:00 a.m., replacing the McDonald's that didn't open until 10:00 a.m.

I have tried the Cracker Barrel next to the Hampton Inn several times and do not recommend it. Food quality and service are below average for Cracker Barrel.

After the renovation, I think this Hampton will return to at least four dots. In the meantime, I would recommend looking elsewhere. Call ahead to check the status.

Room Tip: My room faced I-78 (to the north), but road noise was not a problem.
Doylestown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotels looks like it is almost done its renovations and it look amazing! I can't wait to come back in a couple of weeks.

The staff is so helpful and the rooms look better than any Hampton I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is undergoing a MAJOR remodel. It has lasted three months and it doesn't look like it will be finished any time soon. We felt like we were staying in a construction zone- because we were. The only reason we didn't leave was because of -The Good- The night manager- Pat- she was awesome.

But she couldn't overcome The Bad- everything is dirty and unfinished, the key card machine didn't work (I didn't have a key to my own room until the second night) and the breakfast was mediocre. The rest of the staff didn't seem competent or simply didn't care. When I got back to my room one day, the housekeeper had not closed my door all the way, so it had been cracked open all day.

And the UGLY- The construction workers are actually staying at the hotel. They didn't want to use their key cards (maybe they didn't work), so they just left the manual door lock sticking out and slammed the doors at all hours of the night when they arrived back from drinking at the bars.

This should be a great place to stay once it is finished, but I just can't recommend staying here until then.

Hudson Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here a couple of years ago and stayed agin while on business.

It is very convenient on and off I78, plenty of parking, and some nice restaurants nearby in Clinton, including a Cracker Barrell in the adjoining property.

The room I was in was newly refreshed. It was clean, a comfortable bed and flat screen TV (should that ever be mentioned anymore I wonder, except where not). The internet service was easy to connect to and fast.

Now, as I said, it is being renovated, so there are signs of construction in the hallsways and the check in desk. The part that had the most effect was that the breakfast room was now in a temporary location (one of the hotel's meeting rooms). Because of this, the space is limited for guests and food. Normally, the included breakfasts have a couple of hot choices. In the several days I was there, it was never scrambled eggs. So, if you wanted something hot that wasn't ranch toast sticks, or bagels baked with cheese and bacon.. you were out of luck except for the pot of oatmeal. The whole fruit was also very limited. I wonder why put out totally green bananas???

Also, the rear stairs to get to upper floors were crowded with construction materials, and smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, I suppose from the workers grabbing a quick one near or in the doors.

I expect that after the renovations, it will be better than ever, but just a word of caution as what to expect during this time period.

1 Thank HudsonValleyGuy
Freda T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We really appreciate your taking the time to fill out your survey of you stay at the Hampton Inn Clinton, and we wanted to personally thank you, our hope is that the hotel met your expectations, and we graciously appreciate your business this is why we feel it necessary say thanks for staying with us. Renovations being performed at the property can be very frustrating but the end result will be rewarding

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we are always working on improving our services to accommodate, and meet the satisfaction of our guest.

Again, thank you for booking your hotel accommodations with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! We look forward to you allowing us to serve you, and we appreciate your loyalty it is our pleasure to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort

In Hospitality,

Pat Smith
Long Island City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

place was a mess. not a safe feeling for a woman traveling alone... guys standing all around outside, doors to the lobby didnt lock, tv didnt work took almost and hour to just get in a room. maid service banging on dors in the morning. cleaning the rugs outside your room early in the morning.. just go into flemington this place is a mess

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We really appreciate your taking the time to fill out your survey of you stay at the Hampton Inn Clinton, and we wanted to personally thank you, we are sorry if the hotel did not meet your expectations, and we graciously appreciate your business this is why we feel it necessary say thanks for staying with us. Renovations being performed at the property can be very frustrating but the end result will be rewarding. Please be assured we are addressing your issues
and thanks for pointing out your issues during your stay , it is feedback like yours which help us to improve in all areas of service provided to loyal customers.

In Hospitality

Pat Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater

Been to Hampton Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!