“Excellent Stay”

Hampton Inn Clinton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hampton Inn in Clinton was my second choice after first one sold out but now I might choose this first when in the area. They were officially sold out but managed to find a room for me at the last minute. Room/hotel were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was typical Hampton - consistent and good. Location was convenient for the area. Rates were good. I would recommend this hotel to stay if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Freda T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

We just wanted to thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn
Clinton, NJ. It is our wish that you found your stay to be pleasant,
comfortable and that we were successful in exceeding your every expectation.

We strive to offer the best guest services to our valued guest and provide the most superior accommodations. If for some reason we have not accomplished this goal, we encourage you to call upon us to discuss it further. Welcoming your call is the General Manager, Pat Smith at 908-713-4800 x2002
Through the comments and suggestions of our guests, we are able to ensure a more favorable stay in the future.

Should your travels ever lead you back to our area, it is our most sincere desire that you consider returning to the Hampton Inn Clinton, NJ. We certainly enjoyed hosting you.

In Hospitality,

Pat Smith

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here on Nov 6. It was our first night of lights and heat since Sandy hit. Everyone had a story and everyone was very friendly. The hotel was also home to many out of state power line workers, and it was great to see so many trucks in the lot that night.

The inn was clean, the breakfast plentiful and tasty and the staff friendly and accomodative. It is located conveniently off of Rt 78, and would be a great resting place for people enroute to NYC or New England.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We lost power for eight days and stayed at this hotel for six nights. Stay was overall wonderful, just like a second home. In fact, my kids did not want to leave. Hotel has nice breakfast selection of hot foods, hot oatmeal, make your own waffle and baked goods. Site has paid laundry facility, housekeeping is wonderful. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Great access to Walmart, grocery store, small restaurants. But be aware this hotel does welcome pets although we hardly heard any noise. Hotel offers a good value for the stay. Front staff was okay, could have been friendlier to customers. When I tried to extend my stay due to no power during the hurricane, the lady at the front desk made a comment to a co-worker also at the front desk "she's pushing it". Instead of making me welcome, I felt that they are trying to rid of people who has been staying there a while. The lady needs to realize that we as customers are paying their salary. Overall, I do recommend and will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: DOn't stay on the first floor if you don't like pets.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Because of hurricane Sandy we lost power for over a week. Hampton Inn Clinton was a great host to us and our dogs. Friendly front desk. Great housekeeping staff. Their motto is Welcome Home! And it felt like it.
Second to being in our own bed, we are having a great stay.
The basics: clean room, hot shower & pluses like a hot breakfast, Internet & a decent gym!
Washer & dryer facilities on site helped with the comfort's of home.
Highly recommend this location to locals as well as travelers.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here on the night of October 7th. I arrived at approx. 11:30 p.m. after having driven 12 hours from Asheville. There was a young couple at the desk in front of me so I had a short wait. I could not help but notice how personable the gentleman waiting on them was.

I did not have reservations, but the man at the front desk was fantastic. He was very accommodating to my needs. He did not even mind the fact that I was so tired I was having a hard time getting my point across. Every hotel should have a representative like this. He made me feel like an old friend that had stayed there many times in the past.

The room was immaculately clean, the bed was heaven. I have not slept that well in a long time. The bathroom was spotless with the shower curtain arranged like an upside down fan. It gave the impression of staying in a much more expensive property. The shower was nice and hot with great pressure.

The only negative was no fridge in the room.

I had to leave early the next day so I did not get to try breakfast. They were setting up as I was leaving and it did smell delicious, maybe next time I will get to try it.

I would have no reservations about staying here again. The next time I head south I will plan my trip so that this will be my stop over point on the way home.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor at the end of the hall facing the pool. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My room was clean but my travel companion had some issues with her room. Need to check carefully before you settle in. Breakfast in the morning was ok. I did not mind the location since it was close to the Cracker Barrel and we could walk there for dinner. Nothing special. Adequate for the price.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Freda T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry for the condition of your companion’s guest suite. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and that our location was convenient for your needs. We hope we can have another chance to show you both what our warm Hamptonality is all about if your travels bring you back to the area

Freda Thompson
Director of Sales
[NAME]

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 6 days over Labor Day weekend. The room was clean but didn't have a microwave or refrigerator which was very inconvenient. The biggest issue was that they picked that Friday to change the TV service from Dish to DirectTV and of course, things didn't go as planned so we had two days without TV. After many angry calls to the desk, the manager comped us for one night and a free movie. Even the maintenance man could not believe they would change TV providers on a holiday weekend. Not very smart!
Overall good hotel for money

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Hampton Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!