“Want a Good meal... DO NOT COME HERE!!!!!”

Clinton Station Diner
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Islamorada, Florida, United States
“Want a Good meal... DO NOT COME HERE!!!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went here tonight to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday, well there is always next year, if you like tasteless food, my Chef Salad was HORRIBLE, the roast beef was practically raw, the olives had pits and were tasteless, the oil for the oil and vinegar was all over the outside of the container, the porter brought the bread and set it right on the menu, while I was reading it, the decor in the Train Car Dining Room looked like it was just robbed by Jesse James, the only shiny spot was our server she did everything correctly, now all she needs to do is find a job in a good restaurant.

• Visited May 2013

Rising Sun, Maryland
“They have anything and everything you could want”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I always eat here when I am in the area. I take fellow workers because anyone can find something they like--huge selection.
Salad bar is excellent.

Food always tastes good. Waitresses are friendly and fast. Bussers and wait staff always pick up empty plates quickly.
I look forward to eating there when I'm in the area.

New York City, New York
“Don't pass up the rye bread!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were on our way to the Sands Casino and passed the diner on the way there. Noticed it because there is a actual train car attached. Naturally we checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor, some good, some not so good. On our way home we decided to take a chance and stop at the diner for breakfast. We were greeted warmly at the door and asked to be seated in the dining car. The server was wonderful and the breakfast was very good...especially the rye bread! Sitting in the dining car was a bonus for me, it is very cute. Check it out if you are heading that way.

1 Thank LTSN
Long Island, New York
“Not your average diner!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Clinton Station Diner is one part railroad car and the other part Greek diner. Together, they make a great combination! We stopped at the Clinton on our way to PA on a Friday night. The place was pretty crowded, but we were seated right away - unfortunately, they didn't seat us in the section that is an old railroad dining car, but they encouraged us to peek in on the car. It's adorable! Bright sun poured through the windows and you could easily imagine when this was a functional dining car on a railroad. Too bad this one sits on the side of the road and what you see is passing cars.....not exactly scenic - but different!
Back in our section, we ordered from their huge menu, which of course, included Greek specialties, hamburgers, breakfast fare, soup of the day, etc. You get the picture. A unique feature is the salad bar. I had never been in a conventional diner that offered one. Although it only stocks your basic salad bar items (lettuce, cheese, croutons, dressing, cole slaw) everything was very fresh.
I ordered a pastrami and swiss on rye (huge portion!) that was nicely served on grilled bread - yummy. The others had chicken souvlaki (a good plate, although a little under seasoned) and the turkey dinner, which included stuffing, cranberry sauce and brown gravy, but was a little on the dry side.
All in All - this is a good diner. Extensive menu, good, solid, varied food......you will not be moved to ask the chep for the recipes, but you will leave satisfied!
P.S. you can't miss the dessert counter on the way in......unfortunately, we did not indulge, but everything looked fantastic. Maybe that will be our reason to return. Buon Appetite!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Found everything to be very good with the exception of the DESSERTS- they WERE FANTASTIC!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Four of us stopped for lunch and easy found something from the extensive menu. I enjoyed the Veggie Panini, others in the group enjoyed grilled chicken salad, and roasted chicken panini and sweet potato fries. My daughter's chicken fingers were a little well-done for her taste - but not too bad. The fresh-baked bread was good too. We shared the Tiramisu cake and the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake. Delicious! My best advice - save room for dessert! They are all beautiful - it will be a tough decision!

1 Thank Sue_loves2travel4fun