All reviews red robin breakfast room bagels new york under renovation hard boiled eggs easy access lincoln tunnel would stay here again nice pool nice breakfast short stay met life stadium housekeeping staff convenient location into nyc beds were comfortable
Reviewed February 12, 2011

The bathroom floor is always wet. There seems to be a leak. The front desk took no action on that. The elevators are dirty. The buttons in the elevator do not light up. I came down at 6.20 am for the complimentary breakfast. My plan was to read the USA Today newspaper till the breakfast space opened at 6.30 am. There were people (who were not hotel guests) walking in and waiting for the breakfast to start. One had a Fedex uniform, another had a Security uniform and three others seemed to be "regulars". I was the only one that was a hotel guest. They were staring at me. It was kind of unnerving. I did not pick this hotel. It was assigned to me on Hotwire.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank skrishnan
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We had originally booked into the Secaucus La Quinta, but moved when we arrived & found the pool was out of order (& had been for a month!).

The rooms was clean, plenty big enough for the 4 of us. Enough towels, & extra pillows arrived in good time.

Breakfast was great, especially for an 'included' breakfast.

Reception staff helpful - got us on the bus to Manhattan, even had timetables. About a 40 min journey direct to Port Authority from the stop around the corner.

Plenty of parking.

Pool okay - pool room was freezing though. We sat in sweaters while the kids swam!

Nice Irish pub about 5-10 mins walk away. Good food & friendly staff.

Overall a good place to stay, not as convenient as our first choice, but the pool worked & it was cheaper!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Reviewed this in Aug, 2009..we were in a different wing this time. The hotel is a huge complex and was told the back end is contracted out to Montclair State College students. The 2nd floor wing attached to the main building needs renovating; many, many things have scuff marks...Hallway carpeting was dirty. Were there during the blizzard, there is no refrigerator/microwave to heat foods bought from the Target behind the hotel as driving conditions to restaurants were questionable. The staff very pleasant. Breakfast food OK if you like only bread material and waffles, protein consisted of boiled egg and yogurt but that's all. Location is perfect for NYC and if visiting Clifton/Nutley/Bloomfield/Passaic area...Red Robbin attached to the hotel but burgers are overpriced..would rather go to McDo or BK for cheaper, better burger/fries..go by the shopping area (Target, Barnes & Noble) for eateries, instead...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference at Montclare State University. The lobby is nice and the staff was always really nice and helpful. I was super paranoid about Bed Bugs because of all the bad press and so I check the mattress right away- all clean! Nice linens. The only issue with my room was the shower curtain was a little rough and the lamp near my bed didn't work. I left a note and it was taken care of by the time I came back. I suspect if I had called they would have sent someone right away. I checked out the pool and it's really good sized and clean but I forgot my suit. Breakfast looked good but I'm not a big breakfast eater. There are a lot of options around there to eat- some easier to get to than others. It's great that there's Red Robin connected to the hotel. The elevator was a little small and beat up and the hallways could use more light but otherwise it was a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My wife and I intended to stay in an hotel handy to visitng family in Bloomfield, N.J.
We were quite apprensive afterf reading sokmeofthe reviews but never the less,booked for a week from 16th to 23rd October, 2010.
We were allocated room 201which was near the elevator and was very clean had two large beds. Windows were sealed closed and we wereunable toopen them.
Air conditioning was good but a little noisy.
Hot water took a while to get hot but but could hae been hotter.
Breakfast was adequate and served on disposable plates and cutlery.
The rate was quite good and we got a Senior Citizens rate which as handy.
There are quite a lot of students staying there but they are mostly in the backwing and you don't really notice or see or hear them.
\We found the front desk staff very helpful and the chambermaids kept the bedroom really clean and also the bathroom too. Fresh towels daily and nice soft ones too.
We also had a fridge and microwave in theroom which we made use of.
A large Target store just around thecorner which was handy and the bus into New York City just aroundthecorner for the half hour trip at a cost of $5.00 per person each way.
i would certainly stay there again without hesitation

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple