“Nice hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference at Montclare State University. The lobby is nice and the staff was always really nice and helpful. I was super paranoid about Bed Bugs because of all the bad press and so I check the mattress right away- all clean! Nice linens. The only issue with my room was the shower curtain was a little rough and the lamp near my bed didn't work. I left a note and it was taken care of by the time I came back. I suspect if I had called they would have sent someone right away. I checked out the pool and it's really good sized and clean but I forgot my suit. Breakfast looked good but I'm not a big breakfast eater. There are a lot of options around there to eat- some easier to get to than others. It's great that there's Red Robin connected to the hotel. The elevator was a little small and beat up and the hallways could use more light but otherwise it was a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 23, 2010

My wife and I intended to stay in an hotel handy to visitng family in Bloomfield, N.J.
We were quite apprensive afterf reading sokmeofthe reviews but never the less,booked for a week from 16th to 23rd October, 2010.
We were allocated room 201which was near the elevator and was very clean had two large beds. Windows were sealed closed and we wereunable toopen them.
Air conditioning was good but a little noisy.
Hot water took a while to get hot but but could hae been hotter.
Breakfast was adequate and served on disposable plates and cutlery.
The rate was quite good and we got a Senior Citizens rate which as handy.
There are quite a lot of students staying there but they are mostly in the backwing and you don't really notice or see or hear them.
\We found the front desk staff very helpful and the chambermaids kept the bedroom really clean and also the bathroom too. Fresh towels daily and nice soft ones too.
We also had a fridge and microwave in theroom which we made use of.
A large Target store just around thecorner which was handy and the bus into New York City just aroundthecorner for the half hour trip at a cost of $5.00 per person each way.
i would certainly stay there again without hesitation

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LewisDevon
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I agree with most recent reviews. I've stayed here several times on business and find it an average anonymous chain hotel. But their prices vary wildly, sometimes more than twice what they are other times, and you might let that be the deciding factor. If you can get in for under, say, $80 a night, you'll find it quite acceptable by budget hotel standards. But if they're charging much over $100, check out the nearby towns of Wayne (to the west), Paramus (north) and Secaucus (east), all of which have a wider selection of hotels at various price and quality ranges.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank whblore
Reviewed September 28, 2010

An adequate, slightly rundown but clean hotel. I have stayed here several times as it's convenient for my business. Many stay here to get prices a third or less of comparable Manhattan hotels, with a bus to midtown nearby. References in other reviews to college students are because a back wing is used as an overflow dorm for a local college. The kids don't come into the main hotel, though you might notice them in the parking lot. A bigger concern is that the hotel is very popular with tour groups, and you may find yourself sharing a floor (or the pool, as in a previous review) with a busload of high school kids on the not-very-well-chaperoned senior trip, or waiting in line for breakfast behind a gaggle of confused church ladies. Tip: when booking, I always specifically demand not to be on the same floor with any tour groups.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sophinisba
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Stayed at the La Quinta Inn for 4 nights. Room was average. Could have been a little cleaner(found gum wrappers from previous guest, cobwebbs around a/c unit, unsightly water damage stain on ceiling). For under $70 a night it was a good deal & included breakfast(waffles, bagels, fruit, etc). The breakfast room was always crouded and unfortunately not every guest was neat or picked up after themselves. There was one attendant who was working very hard to keep up with the croud. I have stayed at other La Quinta which were much more updated. The location was perfect, lots of nearby restaurants, shops, close to NYC with train close by. All in all a decent hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank exupsman2016
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I spent two nights at the LaQuinta with my three daughters on a "girls weekend" The hotel was nice - location was great for our needs. Shopping was close - lots of restaurants - my girls were VERY excited that Red Robin was ATTACHED to the hotel!! The continental breakfasty was very good! You get to make your own waffles!!!! Huge selection of bagels, muffins, bread for toasting, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee........you won't leave hungry!! The first morning of our stay we headed out to go shopping only to find we had a flat tire - here is where I cannot say enough about the staff!! They made such an upsetting time an unforgettable time. They were TERRIFIC!! Three wonderful men helped us through our unfortunate circumstance which resulted in laughs, jokes, and alot of sweat!! They would not take a dime for helping out - instead they offered it to my girls for our day shopping. The sincereity from these people is unheard of today and all I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I hope they get a chance to read this and I hope they know how much they are appreciated!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank JerryandTammy
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My daughter and I stayed here the night before the East Rutherford American Idol auditions...in fact, the front desk staff said that 90 percent of the bookings that night were American-Idol related.

Front desk staff was excellent, the AAA rates was great and the room was generally fine. We did have a toilet issue (it sounded like it was unsuccessfully trying to flush itself) and my daughter said she saw a couple of ants, but otherwise, the room and hotel served their purpose. The attached Red Robin was an added convenience and a fairly large shopping area was within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Residence Inn West Orange
Residence Inn West Orange
#2 of 4 in West Orange

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford? Share your experiences!