“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great place to stay staff are wonderful and respectful and a very clean place also great location close to shopping centers and 5-10 away from NY...
This is a pet friendly hotel ,free WiFi ,and very good breakfast made by staff excellent .......I will be a returning here

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed there for over a week, customer service was terrible, bad room service, some things were missing from the room after the room service and nobody bothered to call back and follow up on the filed claim. Would never stay there again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank val k

Travelers are raving about these Clifton hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just got back from a weekend at this hotel. We used it only to sleep and spent all day in NYC. It was convenient location for driving into the city and the price was very reasonable. This hotel has great potential but is just very run down. The front desk staff was very friendly. The 4th floor, where our room was, must have been a smoking floor as the hallway smelled terribly of smoke. Luckily our room didn't have a smokey smell so we just dealt with it. The room itself seemed clean enough, the bed was comfy and the TV worked so my husband was happy. The elevators are small and run very slowly, the hallways were dimly lit and the walls were worn. We never tried the breakfast, pool or workout area so I can't comment on those features. For what we used it for it was ok but probably would not be my choice again. Maybe if they put some much needed TLC into it I would return.

Room Tip: I would avoid the fourth floor or at least ask if it is a smoking floor if the sent of smoke bothers...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ten couples stayed at this hotel in Clifton, NJ on the weekend of May 20, 2013 for several nights. The hotel met our satisfaction although I though it was a bit over priced. It was over sold that weekend with numerous buses coming into the parking lot. Breakfast was way over crowded, but manageable food, buffet style and included, was palatable, rooms were clean, dated and the beds were very comfortable. Staff was very helpful. This hotel is a gateway to New York or the Meadowlands facilities . For a short stay it is ok

Room Tip: Great stay over as a gateway to NY
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This could be a decent motel, but its management have screwed it up. First of all, they booked so many high school and JR HS bus tours there during our stay in April that at times it felt like we were in a dorm. One morning, there were 40-50 kids jammed in the breakfast room. On three of the four nights we stayed, young people were talking in the halls, running from room to room until 11 pm and generally just being kids celebrating being away from their parents. The fourth floor of at least one of the buildings is smoking (do hotels still allow that) and the smell drifts down to the third floor. Two elevators were non-operational during parts of the stay.

On the plus side, that staff was very accommodating, allowing us to switch rooms away from the smoke, though they couldn't stop the hallway noise because there were just so many rooms filled with excited kids. The room was fine and kept very clean by staff. The location is fantastic...stores and restaurants within walking distance, as is a bus to NYC. This place has great potential, if only it had management that recognized that and classed up the joint by improving building upkeep, not making youth groups its main focus and getting rid of the smoking floors.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 861CAVacationers
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for WrestleMania 29, and I enjoyed it!!! Even though some sites were saying that this hotel wasn't that far from the Meadowlands Sports Complex, it still felt like a quite a distance. I thought I would be completely lost because it was my second time traveling to the NYC/NJ area. I felt as if I was going to have to break the bank to take cabs to and from all the WrestleMania events because I didn't know that Delawanna was the station nearest to the hotel. I didn't find out until it was almost too late. It's a bit of a walk from the hotel, but it wasn't too bad. I felt a little more at ease running into fellow wrestling fans who were staying at the hotel, so transportation wouldn't be too much of an issue at this point. My room was great! The bed was very comfortable, but the pillow could have been a little softer. The refrigerator and microwave weren't advertised on some sites, so I was relieved when I saw that my room had those! The breakfast was alright, and the fact that Red Robin was attached to this hotel made me love it even more! I was a little disappointed with the fitness center. I was expecting maybe some weights and other various types of equipment but instead get nothing but exercise bikes and treadmills. The customer service was outstanding! The staff went above and beyond to assist me and was very professional and friendly! When I checked in, I can't remember his name, but the clerk provided me with menus of places nearby that delivered late at night and even called to ask how I was doing and if I liked my room. If I had the chance to do it all over again for WrestleMania, I would stay here again; just be a little more knowledgeable of the public transportation system.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank armylady310
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while attending Wrestlemania. The staff was excellent and friendly. The location was close to Met Life stadium and easy to get on and off highway. There is a train station close to location. We went to NYC one day and it took less than 30 minutes on train(including transfer time to another train). The breakfast was good. One morning was crowded because the hotel was full. The room was clean and had a large king bed. I would definitely recommend for anyone attending an event at Metlife or if you want an alternative to staying in the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sonic8899
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford? Share your experiences!