All reviewsred robinbreakfast roombagelsnew yorkunder renovationhard boiled eggseasy accesslincoln tunnelwould stay here againnice poolnice breakfastshort staymet life stadiumhousekeeping staffconvenient locationinto nycbeds were comfortable
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel is badly needing refurbished. The rooms are clean, but terrible odour. Halls dingy and carpets smelly. Dogs are allowed anywhere in the hotel. Garbage outside is not picked up for days. The front desk service is efficient and friendly. About 1 hour from NYC depending on the traffic. We were on a bus tour and had no control over the the hotel choice or location. If you are visiting NYC, my advice would be to stay in the City even though it will cost you a little more money, it would be well worth it.

Room Tip: Just don't go to this hotel unless you check it out that it has been refurbished.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was just looking for a nice getaway from home and found this hotel perfect for that. Staff was helpful and friendly, check in and out were fast and accurate, the hotel was welcome, pretty and superclean. Looking forward to my next stay. Will recommend to anyone looking for a hotel.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 3, 2012

On an extremely long road-trip, we needed a place to stay simply to nap for a few hours then continue on our way. We needed something close to NYC that was pet-friendly, and I know La Quinta to be a pretty pet-friendly chain.

At check-in, the hotel staff was very nice. He was friendly and tried to be helpful. We had a decent amount of stuff we needed to carry in, but the luggage carts they have don't fit in the elevators!!! The hallways and elevators are pretty atrocious. They are both stuffy, musty, and in need of an upgrade. I am NOT an extremely picky person. Things can be older but still be nice. This is not the case here. It was just...yuck.

After getting wrong directions and slogging all of our things from one end of the place to the other, we finally found our room. Thankfully, the room itself appeared to be pretty decent. The carpets were cleaner than those in the hall, and the beds were very comfortable. However, we soon noted that the bathroom sink was broken. The plunger to plug and unplug the sink was broken, and the sink was filled about halfway with water. As much as we tried, we could not let the water out of the sink. I went to call the front desk, but the room phone did not connect to them. I tried several times, and the same thing...just a busy tone. So, using my cell phone, I called. I told them what was happening, and he said "oh, we'll send someone right up to fix that."

We ended up ordering food and picking it up at the attached Red Robin (not my first choice, but it was fine). We didn't have a whole lot of choice, as we were waiting for the person to come fix the sink. Well, it never happened. We ended up just using the bathtub for hand-washing, etc (which is super convenient when brushing teeth?!?). We figured that we were only staying for a short time, so we weren't going to mess with it any further.

Thankfully, the beds were extremely comfortable. We were at the back of the hotel, so we didn't experience the highway noise of which others complained. We were ultimately able to get the rest that we needed.

At check-out at 5am, I could not have asked for a more rude or indifferent individual. He was in the back office, eating cereal and messing with a laptop. He looked up and saw me, finished his food, and came up to the desk. He just looked at me. I said we'd be checking out and gave my room number. Without saying anything, he started clicking on his computer...kept looking down...without a word. Finally, he said, "Was everything okay?" I very nicely explained the issue with the sink that was unresolved. Again, I got a blank stare followed by "oh". He went back to clicking on the computer. Finally, he printed out the receipt and just said, "Sign here." I realized this was not worth any battles, signed and left.

This was an absolutely necessary trip. The location was perfect, and the beds were comfortable. If I had the option, I'd give 2.5 stars, as it suited our purpose.

1  Thank wendilew
Reviewed August 29, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have read a lot of reviews regarding this hotel and I am really amused at how many reviews rated this place so high. It is in terrible shape, the carpeting is totally outdated and dirty and probably helps with the foul, musty, mildew odors in the hallways. The rooms have old outdated furniture but the bed was pretty darn comfortable. It is not a smoke free hotel and you can tell as soon as you get into the hallways. Traffic noise from the highway passing in front of the place is very loud. The carpeting in the elevators is scary filthy. The ice machine on our floor was broken the whole time we were there. They did have a fairly nice free breakfast buffet each morning and the staff was very friendly. I did a survey the hotel sent me and got a reply from the manager saying he was sorry we did not enjoy our stay. Right now he should be ordering new carpet, paint and furniture. The pool and hot tub were very nice.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker and can't stand the smell of smoke I don't think there is a room you would like. If you are a light sleeper any rooms near the highway in front is not for you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family