All reviews red robin breakfast room bagels new york under renovation hard boiled eggs easy access lincoln tunnel would stay here again nice pool nice breakfast short stay met life stadium housekeeping staff convenient location into nyc beds were comfortable
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Don't stay here. There are bedbugs! I felt them start biting me the minute I sat on that disgusting bed. The place is so run down. Only the lobby is deceiving. Once you get past the lobby the place is dirty and creepy. This place is really over priced. I stayed one night and ran the next morning to another hotel. I was full of bites all over.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sofijb
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The service and friendliness of the staff was refreshing. Our room was wonderfully clean and spacious, plenty of thick,fluffy towels. We stayed 1 week. Despite busloads of guests if was vey quiet. The locations is perfect, lots of nearby eateries, shopping, EZ access anywhere. Its proximity to NYC gives one the opportunity to meet other guests from all over the world. Breakfast was very good, always stocked and clean, 3 waffle makers!!! Huge room for breakfast. Definite recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SAOTRA
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel provided exactly what I needed for my trip! I was looking for somewhere cheap that wasn't complete trash, close enough within limits to NYC and this La Quinta provided that perfectly. The only downside was the construction going on on Route 3 that made it difficult to navigate to the correct exit to get to the hotel. The rooms were clean, I never did eat the breakfast so I cannot comment on that, nor did I encounter much of the hotel staff, but those at the front desk were very helpful and effecient.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cosmopolitan339448
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at La Quinta, Clifton, NJ during September 2011. This is a good place to stay if you are visiting NYC and you do not want to spend a lot on the stay. The hotel seems to be old but the rooms are comfortable. Transportation to and from NYC is not an issue and the train station is not too far away, although traveling to NYC does take a good bit of time. The hotel seems to be located in a safe neighborhood, especially when compared to a lot of the other hotels in New Jersey. If you are going to spend most of your time outside, then this hotel is a good option.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Swagat_Aacharya
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My Daughter & Son in Law were going to spend a weekend away & I had the opportunity to bring my Grandchildren on an 'Adventure' to the local LaQuinta.
We were upgraded and had plenty of room for the three of us and with a Microwave and Refrigerator, I was able to bring their favorite snacks for our 'Slumber Party' that night. We started the day on Saturday with our very own 'Pool Party' then went to the attached Restaurant, the Red Robin for dinner. They had a kids menu and we were all happy with the service and the food as well.
Sunday morning we had a very nice breakfast with Belgian Waffles, Cereal, Eggs, Yogurt and Juice. The Grandchildren each took a piece of fresh fruit and off we went to have yet another 2 hours of 'Pool Party' before we left to resume our everyday lives.
Many thanks to Jose Earl at the Front Desk for being there for our every need. He was most helpful and very cheerful every time we had an encounter with him. He's mostly the reason I made the reservation in the first place. He treated us as if we were the only guests he had to respond to. Congratulations for finding such a good employee.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family