Howard Johnson Inn Clifton NJ
Good 3.5/5
$118
$106
Very Good 4/5
Saddle Brook Marriott(Saddle Brook)
$159
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
$179
Homewood
Great 4.5/5
Garden Plaza Hotel(Saddle Brook)
$109
$98
The George(Montclair)
Excellent 5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Everything was good except for the free wireless THAT NEVER WORKED
No breakfast was offered and staff don't speak much English

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have the lights working upon entry. The tv was controlled by a light switch which was not obvious. This is the second time I stayed and was not able to have coffee in my room. The coffee makers have been broken. The hotel should not advertise what they do not offer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place was disgusting! The lobby was the nicest place in the entire hotel. When I went to check my fears of staying at a "cheap" hotel we slightly eliviated but then it all went down hill. First we rode the elevator up and down several times, 3 to be exact becuase it would not stop on our floor, then while walking to our room there were seriosuly flies everywhere, my husband was bothered by this but I said oh the windows are open and chalked it up to that. Then we walked in to our room - there were flies on the walls on the bed in the curtains. Immediatly my husband and I walked back down to the front desk and told them the problem and asked to change rooms, which she seemed falsely shocked by the fly complaint but was very accomodating and gave us a new room immediately. The next room was not that much better. At first glance this room was better after about 5 min there were the flies again and the walls were filthy, the chairs were old and stainded, the sliding door for the balcony was coming out of the wall, the front of the dresser draw was falling off, the matteres was 15 years old at best, the tv had drip staing on it, there were empty soda bottles and remains of the insides of cigars left in the end table draw. All in all I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone ever!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel is extremely old and worn down. It's virtually falling apart. Rooms have new TVs and partially renovated bathrooms, but carpets are disgustingly fifthly and sticky, the bed is very uncomfortable and linens are old (though seem clean). Bathroom was reasonably clean, but tub and toilet were old and water pressure was low.

Unlike other reviewers, I didn't experience any safety concerns.

Staff was friendly, but it did not compensate for the horrible facility. You can do better than this place, even for the low price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I booked the room here through a third party, before I read the reviews. After I read the reviews I was dreading my stay. Only in the interest of fairness do I review the hotel. I was expecting the worst, as I had stayed here several years ago, and it WAS awful. I had been avoiding this property at all costs as I stay in the area frequently. However (at least this stay) I was pleasantly surprised with my room.

The hotel has been fairly recently been remodeled. (at least the 4th floor) Did not venture throughout, to verify the rest of the hotel. I asked the staff about remodeling, they said that "most of the rooms" had been remodeled, so certainly see that there may be some problems if the hotel is fully booked. The room was clean, and I was completely satisfied for the star rating of this hotel. I would not be afraid to stay here again, in fact may book a room in the very near future here. No luxury hotel, certainly, but acceptable lodging.

Located on a busy highway but rooms face perpendicular, so sound was not too much of a problem.

Hope that helps.

Room Tip: Ask for one of remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business