“Quiet evening” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tick Tock Diner
Ranked #9 of 188 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NJ
“Quiet evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went there on a Monday evening and was surprised how quiet it was. The menu looks like it was recently re-done. Prices were good for the amount of food. Server was very attentive.

• Visited October 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Triple D Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

In the area on business I asked a local on where to go. I love to check out the places from the Triple D shows. Those of us who are foodies and fans of Guy know what I'm talking about. I pulled into the parking lot and a slow smile spread across my face. The diner is shiny with chrome exterior walls with colorful neon lights lighting up the dark, cool night and I couldn't wait to go in.

I walked into the past with the typical diner features but very clean looking. My main critique was the service. I walk in smiling (toothy grin) but wasn't greeted with a true smile by the host. I understand it's after 8 pm but all diners I've been to the staff is usually friendly with smiles. Slow night, I was then seated at a booth where I waited at least 5 minutes before a female waitress came up to greet me and asked what I wanted to drink. No eye contact, no smile. My smile had faded by this time. I gave her my drink order and a different server came back with my drink. I felt he was going to dart off if I hadn't immediately said I was ready to place my order.

The menu was the typical plastic encased, tri-fold menu with standard diner fare but it also included a pretty large assortment of spirits I'm not used to seeing in a diner. I finally picked the lamb chops with mint jelly, which were cooked almost perfect but without much flavor. But getting back to the service, the waiter only came by once to check on me during my 45 minute dinner. I had to wait a good 10 minutes to get my check AFTER I asked for it when clearly they could see I was done after they took away my dishes.

I finally went to the bar to pay my bill. While there I could tell that two of ladies standing behind the bar likely owned the diner but they didn't say a word to me, like thank you, come back again, etc. All in all, the experience could have been better had they chose to be friendlier and inviting. Don't think I will be back, nor will I recommend this diner to my friends. Can you spell disappointed?!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Classic Joisey Diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

When I have out of state visitors, this is THE place to take them for the true diner experience on a Friday night at 11:30. The food servers call you "Hon", the place is packed with "after the AA meeting" or "before hitting the clubs" groups, food is passable but you can get ANYTHING.

• Visited March 2013
Long Island,NY
“Really good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Its a small little diner that has good food. The people are nice and it is a very relaxed atmosphere. It was clean and not that expensive for a quick breakfast/brunch.

• Visited August 2013
Maywood, New Jersey
“I Love a Great Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We really enjoyed the Tick Tock! We were greeted with smiles by our host. Our waitress Wendy was an absolute doll. We split a macaroni and cheese dinner special that came with soup, salad and dessert. The salad was more than the usual meal accompaniment, it had lettuce, grape tomatoes, chick peas, olives, radishes, with many choices of dressing. My mother and I don't eat much, so we split the meal. There was more than enough for both of us. The food was delicious! We ordered the dinner special, an extra soup, two glasses of wine and the bill was $31 and change. We were there for about an hour and everything else that came out of the kitchen looked amazing. We'll be back!.

• Visited August 2013