“Great Italian”
Review of Buco Ristorante

Buco Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Buco Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 194 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
NJ
“Great Italian”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been here several times for lunch, excellent food. They have a nice menu and the service is very good. The best gnocchi!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank mrbird

New Jersey
“hasn't lost its 5th star yet but . . .”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Returned to Buco, now a favorite destination, for my partner's birthday. The reliable bartender was on his honeymoon, a waiter we'd not seen before said "put your menus here so I know you're ready to order,"--isn't is his job to inquire?--and then another waiter swooped in to take our order. I had a stuffed artichoke well executed and the seafood salad was as wonderful as remembered, and our entrees were fine if not memorable a week later as I write this. Perhaps as a consequence of the waiter switch, we never received the bruschetta amuse bouche served to those at tables around us. The service seemed a bit confused, which disappointed us. Note to the owners, whom we met that night: is a bright orange tee shirt hanging over a substantial belly really appropriate attire for your maitre d? That caused me to downgrade the ambiance.

• Visited May 2013
New Jersey
“exceptional gem hiding in a strip mall!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

You can trip over a decent Italian restaurant every four feet in north Jersey, so I am hard to impress. Stopped by last week because the bar looked inviting (and was), came back last night to try the Thursday special, half price pasta and house wine. It's a plain, square room with a reasonable noise level and adequate space between tables.The menu is huge for a place of this size, and the pasta variations were plentiful. Good bread, drinkable house chianti, decent creme brulee and ordinary lemon sorbet, service is attentive if a bit leisurely, all-male and old school, but by dessert we were smitten: what makes this place a standout is its execution of appetizers and entrees. I had an orchietto pasta with broccoli rabe and canneloni beans in an oil and garlic sauce that was delicate, balanced, garlicky, and my partner pronounced his cavatelli with sausage equally far above expectations. The star of the night was a seafood salad appetizer that we asked to split, such a generous portion when it appeared on two plates that I asked twice if it was really only one order. I have never tasted seafood so fresh, so well dressed, on crisp greens--this dish alone will keep me coming back. The half price specials on pasta and wine made the meal a good value. We made reservations for Valentine's Day!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank careertutor
Siesta Key, Florida
“Great neighborhood Italian”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is our go-to place for great Italian food in North Jersey. In this area, there is no shortage of Italian restaurants competing for your business, but Buco gets it just right. They have a large and varied menu, some interesting specials, everything well prepared and served, and all at a price which offers very good value. I have had often had some special requests, which they took in stride and prepared exactly as I had hoped. Be sure to try their homemade sausage and also their meatballs. Yeah, I know they sound ordinary, but they are both really outstanding. In one offering, the succulent sausage is served over broccoli rabe, tomatoes, and garlic on a bed of polenta. Yum! Don't be put off by the plain exterior. The interior is a warm and welcoming place and offers everything a great neighborhood Italian restaurant should.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MarcTwain
Hackensack
“first hand experiance”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

my wife and i met some friends before we went dancing. we don't eat before, but the food was so good that we did not feel stuffed. the staff and owner make you feel at home

• Visited May 2012