“The service was great”

Cuisines: American
Bristol, pennsylvania
“The service was great”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

What can I say? Applebee's food is ok, sometimes even pretty good. The 2 for $20 menu is a bargain. I took my 83 year old mom there for dinner. The place was packed but we only waited 10 minutes. The "welcome" guy holding the door open was really friendly. It was funny to see my little old mom having such a nice conversation with a guy with piercings and tattoos. We did the 2 for $20, cajun chicken & shrimp and a 9oz steak and spinach/artichoke dip for appetizer. The dip was ok. Applebee's should really have one or two low-carb options for appetizers on the 2 for $20 menu. The cajun chicken and shrimp was good according to my mom. She said she really enjoyed it and the roasted potatoes that came with it. I had the 9oz sirloin steak with broccoli (no carbs). The steak was pretty good. I didn't expect it to be exceptionally tender but it was passable.

What struck me about Clifton Applebee's and the reason I'm taking the time to write this review, is the service. Our server, Nedda, was particularly good. I have been to some of the best steakhouses in the country and Nedda was the very first one to wait at the table and ask me to cut open my steak to make sure it was cooked to my liking. WOW! I was blown away, almost stunned. I think I stared at her for a second in disbelief. To her delight and mine the steak was cooked perfectly. Besides that, Nedda's attention to my mom & me was excellent considering how crowded it was there. She was really on-top of everything. I would definitely go back again

• Visited March 2012

Nutley, New Jersey
“Good food at a moderate price”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Steak was delicious. Artchichoke dip delicious. Prices are moderate. A bit crowded.

Visited October 2011
Hawthorne, NJ
“Applebee's.......really?”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Resturaunt review of Applebee's?

Top notch if you go for pre made, microwaved slop. I wouldn't feed this food to an animal.

So many decent places to eat in the Cifton area, why go for this garbage.

• Visited October 2010
1 Thank Mikef100
Virginia
“Love this place”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

On football Sunday they have $2 drafts and half price wings. Get here by 12 at the bar. Great time and great for watching multiple football games at once. They have screens setup all around the bar so you can see whatever game you want.

Little loud for kids but you shouldnt be in the bar area with kids anyways.

• Visited December 2010
Houston, Texas
“Clean but packed house.”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

This place is near a huge movieplex sometimes the wait is long. Staff is accomidating and friendly. Clean considering the volume of business they do. Honestly it's a tight run ship but hey it a fun place and OMG GREAT DRINKS!

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!