“Their Mission is to provide us with the BEST cupcakes in NJ”
Review of Mr. Cupcakes

Mr. Cupcakes
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Clifton
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Happen to come across Mr. Cupcakes from a promotional on a site I'm apart of. Having a bit of a sweet tooth I decided to try them out.

I checked out their website to see what they're all about. They were founded 6 years ago (Oct 2007) in Clifton on Van Houten Ave. It's next to the firehouse off Broad St. Not far from Rt 46 & 19 & Interstate 80. They have grown to include 3 other locations. The Shops at Riverside in Hackensack. Kinderkamack Rd in Oradell & Main St in Chatham.

Their mission statement is to provide their customers with the best tasting and freshest cupcakes in New Jersey. In my opinion they most definitely are! None of their cupcakes are stuffed or filled, they bake their cupcake ingredients right inside.

According to their website they have over 40 different cupcake flavors. They also do catering for events like weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties, etc. doing cupcake tiers & cakes.

As far as the cupcakes itself. Each location carries the flavors they list all day & everyday. The cupcakes at this location are $1.75 each at this posting & so worth the price. Flavors come in the basic Plain Jane (yellow cake dipped in white frosting) to the interesting like Peanut Butter & Jelly, Tiramisu & Rocky Road.

Out of the ones I purchased I have to say they truly were the best cupcakes I ever had to date. And I have had some good ones over the years.

I tried a few from The EXECUTIVES (Cupcakes that just won't retire). They included Raspberry Cheesecake (Yellow cake with raspberry preserves baked inside, cream cheese icing and raspberry drizzle on top), Vanilla Chip (Yellow cake with chocolate chips baked inside, chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate chips on top), MIMIS Cookie Jar (Yellow cake with Oreo and MIMIS Cookies baked inside, buttercream icing with cookie crumbs on top), Oreo Cheesecake (Chocolate cake with Oreo's baked inside, chocolate cream cheese icing and Oreo crumbs on top). Also picked up a couple from what they called THE INTERNS (Cupcakes that are here temporarily. Among those were Lemon Drop (Yellow cake with lemon pie filling baked inside, topped with lemon cream cheese icing) & Holy Cannoli (Yellow cake with cannoli filling baking inside, cannoli cream icing and chocolate chips on top). I actually tried these & honestly they were ALL SOOOOOOO awesomely delicious. Hard to choose one as a favorite amongst them, but if cornered I'd have to say for me the 3 would be MIMIS Cookie Jar, Oreo Cheesecake & Holy Cannoli. All by a slim margin because all I tried were that good.

The Clifton location by the way is open from Mon-Fri 8am-6pm. Sat 9am-5pm. Sun 9am-3pm

If you're near one of these locations I recommend stopping in & giving it a try. They are DEE-LISH!

Been to Mr. Cupcakes? Share your experiences!