“Great Pizza”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #16 of 194 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you are looking for NJ style pizza this is not it , If you dont like the pizza here , you need to see a DOCTOR immidiatly. I sat at the Bar to avoid the wait 15 minutes thing, who needs that . Staff very pleasent, The pizza has a Italian Gene not a NJ pizza as i said. Thin crust slightly blackend bread on this pizza is the way you have it if you were back in Molffeta, or Bari in Italy, I had large Pie ,(8 slices)half Margerita and half pepperoni , Margerita is basel and sauce and cheese. Flavore was great , crust Great, sauce Great , The beer was good too . If you like Pizza this is a must place to come They have other things on the menu, oh ya we had a plate of Wings they were Excellent , and i am not wing kind of person

There are newer reviews for Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Coal Oven/Brick Oven pizza should be well-cooked and crisp, but that doesn't mean burned black on the entire underside! What a lazy way to make a pizza. It just shows that the people making them have no reference for what this pizza is supposed to be like.

It's one thing to have charred edges on the crust, it's something else to just burn it. Are people in Italy eating burned pizza? No, they are not.

We had two pizzas like this. It's not cheap and I would not risk getting it again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place is obviously very popular. Fun atmosphere. The pizza was better than average. Not great. It's definitely a little better than your local corner pizzeria. But not by that much. I tried a traditional pie. The way it was billed I expected more than I received. It wasn't thin crust and crispy. I've had better cheese. The roasted cauliflower pizza was overwhelmingly salty and pretty expensive for a small pie. A large and a small pie was $34. I wouldn't mind if it actually tasted like $34. The search the ultimate pizza continues.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I LOVE this place. The pizza is just wonderful! cheesy and delicious with whole tomato chunks and good sauce. Even a simple salad there is just fantastic and flavorful. My boyfriend and I go here all the time. Yes, the pies are well done and they only let you buy a whole pie, but YOU WILL EAT IT. If you share a small or even a large between two people, depending on your appetite and the size of the people, you'll finish it! it isn't burnt so don't let "well done" fool you... just really, really good pizza!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Maybe the best meatballs I've ever eaten were from here. Definitely get them along with the wings and carmelized onions. The pizza was pretty good too but the other items stole the show in my opinion. I would be good just eating meatballs, wings, and salad from this place. Nice decor and ambience.

Been to Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza? Share your experiences!