“Good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I took my in-laws out for lunch on a weekday. We did'nt need a reservation. We were the only ones there. The decor is outdated. Good food with upscale prices.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were in Clifton to see a friend perform at a nearby tavern, but we wanted better than "bar food" for dinner. Trip Advisor reviews were great for Sergio's, so we made reservations. The decor is kind of dated, but with food like this who cares? Everything that each of the four of us had was wonderful. Restaurant is BYOB (although there is a nearby liquor store).

1  Thank cathsalzman
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not located in the best section of Clifton, Sergio's interior is something between a Baroque cathedral and a brothel. Although we had reservations, we still had a good 15-20 minute wait for our table as we watched a more favored regular get seated, even though they arrived after us. However the owner was sufficiently apologetic about the delary. The food was fresh, hot and very good.

1  Thank DLPW
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful, wonderful food! Sergio and all of his staff are the best. This is absolutely my favorite restaurant. My friends and family go to Sergio's for every special occasion and more.

1  Thank Patty102
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was my fifth time there. It is advertised open at 4pm on Saturday. Cold day and u had to wait until 4:10-4:15pm to get in. Do not think they we happy that one party in our group ? There time of opening. We sat down cold place inside. We were a party of 3 and then another party of 3 was waiting outside as well A single man came in after all of us. He sat down and was served first and quit fast. The food was disappointing. Usually veal parm always fills your plate, decided to share my meal with my cousin. When the meal came out 2 very small pieces. The first thing we both said is wow will we have enough to eat it usually fills your plate. Not this time. They did not offer grated cheese as they did on the other table had to get up and request it. We r not over weight people very fit just in case u r thinking they must be large people. Ceasar salad usually comes in a nice large soup bowl. Table in front of us received it in that style. I asked for Caesar with out curtons, it came with. I am gluten free. Also it usually comes room temp ice cold this time in a flat small dish. Maybe they do not like when u share meals. We did not share salads a
We all order something different I did order a to go as well no bread or grated cheese was in the bag.
The food was good. Just a little disappointed the way we served and veal was not enough. My mom was very satisfied with her meal and soup. That was most important ...
When u see the next table getting the same thing and it is the usual way it makes u wonder that ?ing the hours set the men off. Not sure we will return and I refer a lot customer there a lot. I live and work in Aruba/ ca and travel to Nj to visit family/friends.

I always tip well no matter what. Maybe just an off day for them.

1  Thank J M

Been to Sergio's Bistro? Share your experiences!