“You are in for a treat!”
Review of Al Cavaliere - CLOSED

Al Cavaliere
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Little Ferry, New Jersey
“You are in for a treat!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This restaurant is a gem in Clifton. It is across the street from Clifton Public Library. I have eaten there about 5 times and I have always enjoyed the quality of the food and the great service. I brought my students from the newspaper and computer club to enjoy a wonderful lunch because they did a great job! They started with 2 diferent breads, warm Italian and bruscetta, then 2 salads and then a choice of either eggplant parm or chicken parm. Finally, they each enjoyed tartufo. Each course was well-prepared, well-presented and enjoyable! Since then, i have returned for lunch. The soups, salads, sanwiches are delicious. Check out their lunch prixe fixe menu, you cannot go wrong! Tutu bene!!

new jersey
“Great cooking, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

A very nice BYOB with plenty of parking and great homemade pastas

• Visited May 2012
Garfield, New Jersey
“Top flight Italian BYOB”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've eaten here several times and have yet to be disappointed. The hot appetizer is first rate. While the Osso Bucco is technically a special, they've had it every time I've eaten there and it is superb. Hopefully they won't get a liquor license- I love that it is BYOB. Oh, and the service is second to none

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank uncleyankeemike
nj
“Best food next to mom's”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

No need to go to little Italy or Arthur's avenue, we have our jewel in our backyard.

I've been to Al Cavaliere a couple of times and just last week we booked the party room upstairs and had 20 guests join us for a birthday celebration. The food selection was straight from the menu and let me tell you the food was outstanding, fresh fish and seafood excellent veal, great appetizers. I loved the stuffed mushrooms as well as the telapia. The service was great, we had three to four servers at any point in time and when it was time to serve the main course George himself was right in front of the buffet line to greet each guest and help with theed food selection.

The restaurant opened not too long ago and each time I fine there I have an excellent meal with good service in a quiet atmosphere. I highly recommend it, once you try it you'll be back just like I do. I know out is just a matter of time before this place becomes a popular placed in Clifton and trust George will be commited to keep the high quality of good and service

New Jersey
“Excellent BYOB you wont be disappointed”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I cant say enough great things about Al Cavaliere. I've been there many many times with friends and we never leave there disappointed. When my very large Italian family was looking for a new restaurant for our family dinners I recommended Al Cavaliere. There are over 20 of us and we all have different tastes, likes disalikes etc I can honestly say we ALL love the food there. We have probably sampled most items on the menu and all with rave reviews. There is nothing we have had that we would say dont order that again and we laugh about it because we always have a hard time ordering because we like our favorites. We are loud fun family and we are treated like family by the staff at the restaurant. We always look forward to our Italian Family dinners at Al Cavaliere and always leave there happy and completly satisfied. Dont pass up on opportunity to visit this great restaurant you will be glad you did.

• Visited February 2012