“Exceeded Expectations”

Clementon Park and Splash World
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our family had a great time at Clementon Park. We loved the new wave pool and our teens loved the new Torpedo slide. The park was very clean and I even saw the General Manager walking around pick up tash himself. Very impressive. The lifeguards were friendly and keep the lines running smoothly. We had just come from Six Flags the day prior and Six Flags, while a much larger park, was not as clean. The bathrooms were dirty and there were weeds growing everywhere. I would summerize Clementon Park as a family or neighborhood park that is a great deal for the price.

2  Thank Michele C

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went with my family and we had a great time. The rides and food were great. A little pricey for the food and they shouldn't be charging for parking. The only big complaint we had was security. Very nasty. They hound you and make you feel stupid for not having the kids dressed when leaving Splash World. We were exiting Splashworld to go to the parking lot to get something from the car and the guy made a big deal about my 5 year old nephew being dressed to leave Splash World. The parking lot exit to the park is right next to the entrance to the park. They did it twice to us. The second time I completely ignored him and walked out the park. I don't see the big deal if you decide to walk the park with your swim gear on. However, you should be dressed to get on rides. They need to relax with that. Not a big deal. When not dealing with security, we had an amazing time. We got season passes and are going back tomorrow. :)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The camp that my daughter attends had a trip to this park yesterday. I had read the reviews on this and other sites and had hoped that it wouldn't be as bad as the reviews reflected. Boy, was I wrong. The place was supposed to be closed 'for private events for the day', which, I assume were the at least 30 other camps that also decided to come on the same day. First, I was struck by the sheer volume of tattooed blubber that was allowed to walk freely in bathing suits that probably didn't fit them 20 years ago, let alone today, in this 'family' park. Yet, a security guard yelled at my daughter's friend for not having a shirt on when leaving splash world. While we are on the subject, let me talk about 'Splashworld'. It was extremely crowded and closed in. The mechanism for the wave pool broke down and everyone had to get out. So we went to another attraction in, and that one was also being closed down for some unknown reason. Finally we decided to go to a family waterslide. We waited well over an hour to get on this thing, I don't know why except that the lifeguards just did their own thing at the top. The lazy river was like a free-for-all that smelled like stagnant urine, as did all of the bathrooms in the park. On to the park itself. My son and his 2 friends said that at least 3 rides were broken down (and there aren't that many rides to begin with). My son said he had to hold on for dear life on the ferris wheel because it went so fast and was bored on the log flume because it was so slow. The line for the swings was out of control because there is capacity only about 20 or so passengers per ride, and the operators took their good old time loading people on and off. They stopped loading people onto the wooden roller coaster for 30 minutes for no apparent reason, at least none that was given.
The picnic pavilloins were dirty, filled with trash from other parties that had apparently been there on other days. There were no lockers left for rental by 11AM. The lines to get food and novelties were long, and it took the people working there an excruciating amount of time to fill orders. We stood in line for 15 minutes for funnel cake and then were told that it would be another 20 minutes until there would be more funnel cakes made. We went to get cotton candy and the cotton candy machine was broken. I paid $6.00 for a lemonade for myself, which actually was pretty good but took 10 minutes for the girl to make. Finally, in desperation, one of the girls went to get a soda out of a machine. It took her money but gave her no soda, and then it took 15 minutes to get a 'supervisor' to help us (the 'supervisor was a 17 year old kid). My daughter and her friend waited in line to do one of the crappy, overpriced games that they have there, a ladder climb-type thing. The operator totally ignored them and let another group of kids in ahead of them, and then when I called him on it, he gave me an attitude. The park was cramped and overall, had a clostrophobic, no charm, "I couldn't give a damn that you paid money to be here" feeling. If I could say that my kids enjoyed it, that would have made it a little better. They hated it.
In conclusion, if you wanna look at trashy people wearing clothes that don't fit, wait in long lines only to find out that things are broken, have workers who don't care because you don't fit in, and go to the bathroom in a hot, urine stenched room, this is the place for you. I'll take Knoebels over this place any day, 3 hour drive and all!

6  Thank travelmama64
Reviewed July 17, 2013

First time there July 17 2013 fight in the parking lot shiuld of turned around then. Kept having a bad feeling about the rides after seeing the place my sons got on the swing ride. In the middle of the ride the ride started jumping and then it got stuck mid way in the air so my boys got scared and climb off the ride. Nothing is said or posted not to climb off ride when ride messes up. Manager margie ford said we had to leave the park without a refund. They were kids and scarred. No signs about park rule I guess I'll see them in court. I probably won't be able to get them to ride another ride. Broke down park.

8  Thank muqeeta
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had been going to Clementon Park for over 20 years and found it a great place to spend a day with family. Unlike Six Flags and other local amusements parks, Clementon had picnic areas and allowed you to bring in picnic baskets, coolers, they provided grills at no extra charge. It's not a huge park, but that's what was so charming about it. The kids could go off and ride without fear of them getting lost, etc.

Since adding the wave pool to the park, many things have changed dramatically. You now have to pay for parking, when for the past 20+ years it was free. I don't mind that so much, but now you cannot bring in coolers??. You have to either pay an extra $14.99 for a max group of 6 people or you have to have purchased a group rate for 20+ people 2 weeks in advance.

The park is now way too crowded/congested, not as clean as it once was, and is too expensive to be worth the small amount of rides that they do have. Instead of keeping that old Clementon Park charm, they seem to be going in a completely different direction. A direction that, unfortunately, I will no longer be visiting to witness.

9  Thank Miranda B