“Wedding room block”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Union, New Jersey
“Wedding room block”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Thanks to all at the holiday inn in Clark for making my wedding weekend fabulous! All guests loved the hotel and the rooms!

I used the presidential suite and had and adjoining room to get ready in the day of my wedding. The suite was a perfect size. The bathroom in the suite was so great! I had about 25 people in both rooms and everyone fit perfectly.

The hotel has just been redone and it has a very modern clean feel to it. The rooms are clean and large. The bed was really comfortable. The front desk staff was great! Everyone who we came in contact with we're very helpful. Kristen in the sales department answered my email very promptly and was very helpful!

The bar is great. The food (the Philly cheesesteak!) was really great! There is a great happy hour and a TVs with couches and games. My guests enjoyed the bar after our rehersal dinner and before the wedding. There is a nice pool and fire pit as well

I would definitely recommend the holiday inn to future guests!

Kate P :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kate P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had another 5 star stay at the Holiday iNN Express in Clark, NJ. From the warm welcome of Philomena at check in. She was assisted by Raheel and Derek. It was extremely busy as they had weddings, graduations and groups all checking in.

I requested rollaway for grandchild and John, had in our room before we unpacked.

The staff seem to really care about your needs.

The room is clean and well stocked with quality towels and products. I would prefer less dense pillows.

Breakfast was very good. Good to see that Ricot and Cecelia were still providing great service.
The second breakfast Ronald served and he did very good job too. He also provided my husband with Styrofoam cup for coffee on the way to airport. One suggestion is that orange juice should be included with the full buffet. Spoke with Orre, the chef and he had made some new additions to buffet including blueberry blintzes and very nice vegie skillet.

The pool is amazing. It was recently renovated and Gary, does an excellent job of keeping it perfect. The pool is deep which is a bonus..On my wish list would be that they would enclose it and have retractable roof for the summer.

Wish list would include an aer dyne bike in the fitness room..

Happy Hour looked good, but, it was packed so we didn't want to wait to be served.

Looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: We have rooms on several floors but if you have your choice try for front side of hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank marshalnk
COLUMBUS OHIO
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Finding decent hotel accommodations in Newark vicinity isn't so easy and this may be a clapped out and tired Holiday Inn (it really is) but it has been renovated in such a way as to make it tolerably pleasant for the business traveler.
Check in was easy & pleasant,(snacks etc available for purchase) parking plentiful.
Rooms were nice & spacious if dated, (a bit drab?) beds comfy...bathrooms cramped honestly...nice desk. Even though road noise was significant it was tolerable.
I didn't see much in the way of eateries or other destinations around the place, once there..you're there. FYI - LOTS of NYC tour groups whilst I was visiting.

Breakfast was great and front desk/coffee bar personnel helpful & friendly.
Would i go back? YES!

Room Tip: Away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank butlinz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clark - Newark, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear butlinz,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. I am happy to know that you liked our breakfast and service received from our staff. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have not always been impressed with my Holiday Inn stays. So much so, that I tend to steer clear of them.

This Holiday Inn has changed my mind. Great food and bar area with a friendly staff, clean rooms, and a nice area within a short drive to the wonderfully fun Westfield downtown historic area with Revolutionary War graveyard, funky restaurants and shopping.

I had a noise complaint one night and it was handled quickly and without delay. I like that kind of response.

Room Tip: Take the train into New York….way easier, cheaper and better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CreagP
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had to stay in Clark because our flight was cancelled. Rooms were nice. Staff was great. Had to complain about noise around 2 am. Taken care of immediately and free breakfast for our troubles. Very happy with shuttle too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is an odd review because to be honest, I did not have the opportunity to stay here. Our tournament was cancelled at the last minute. HOWEVER, the process of both reserving and cancelling my rooms was handled in an outstanding, customer-focused manner and left me very satisfied. I would definitely book this hotel in the future if my plans called for travel to the Newark area! A particular shoutout to Kathyann for all her help.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good stuff first, Bed and rooms clean, and great adjustable shower head. No frig or microwave.Again only one chair plus office chair, not great to relax in.Ordered skirt steak $26 wasnt a great steak and for this price, should have much better. Happy hour wasnt very happy, Discounted drinks only. regular prices high $5 and up for draft beer and $ 7 and up for a mixed drink. Also bartender Lior didnt have any urgance in service. they do have wifi in rooms. Outside seating for smokers but not for other guest. Breakfast was good but but again not comp it was $15 for buffet.

Room Tip: book in advance for best deals
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clark
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 4 in Linden
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
#1 of 1 in Springfield

Been to Holiday Inn Clark - Newark? Share your experiences!