“My first visit to Mannys.”
Review of johnny K's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
johnny K's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went there this Saturday night and the place was packed! A lot of people were out trying Mannys as Clark finally gets a diner back! It was loud but every table was full! Great looking menu - typical diner fair as well as specials. We ordered the French onion burger and the chopped steak. Both were excellent.
The specials were expensive, management should look into this.

Staff was attentive. Management stopped by and asked if everything was fine.

They have been only open 2 weeks and have some things to work out I'm sure but nothing to stop you from giving them a try.

It's great to have a diner back again.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Johnny K's has now reopened as Manny's Diner. Several changes were made to convert the recent renovation from Windsor Diner to Johnny K's restaurant back to more of a diner theme, first issue was with all of the changes, long time staff have left for other jobs and even though wait staff was very pleasant, the accuracy in our order was far less than acceptable. Out of our party of 11, there were 4 errors or omissions. Overall food was OK, but kids were very disappointed that the new owners eliminated the weekend breakfast Buffett
Another issue was the diner was warm and LOUD. Voices were bouncing off of everything. We had to shout at each other as well as the waitress
Owner did come over to help which is always a good move, but improvement is needed in several areas

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The diner just re-opened on Tuesday and they have some kinks to works out with the kitchen but the food was great and the prices were much much better thank Johnny k's. I will give them until after the holidays and then I will go back, by then they will have their act together,

3  Thank Cheryl D
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the other review. The ambiance is very nice (for Clark) but the food could be better. It's hit or miss. Some things they get right and others not do good. I also had the$20 special and we were not thrilled with the food. Looks like a nice bar and a good place to watch sports. I wish them luck for improvement. They're much better than Bistro across the street.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

You cannot fool the fat man. I know when you do not have your act together. Johnny K ‘s should be renamed “O” K’s . Johnny you do not have your act together. I am a big lover of water .I never thought I would actually want to go to a diner because they had great water. Well Johnny does. I drank a gallon of his refreshing water. His joint was just renovated and his dishes, spoons, napkins would make a potentate smile. Nice joint. If ambiance was food I would be giving this place a 5 star rating. The Tuesday night 2 appetizers and two entrees for $20.00 was right up my cheap skate alley. My wife insisted on the crab spring rolls. They tasted as though someone had inserted some Shop Rite generic brand sardines into the rolls. Taste of crab, NO. Taste of fishy fish , YES. I ordered a Greek salad and it was wonderful .My wife ordered the stuffed flounder and it never came. The waiter said the chef burned the first try. Of course he never bothered to tell us after we sat there for 20 minutes. After 1 hour of waiting we left. Johnny K you need to go into your kitchen and begin doing some firing. The staff in there will ruin your business. Ambiance, good water will only take you so far. Without good food, good service you will be out of business in a few months.

1  Thank keyasset