“Fabulous Food; Spotty Service”
Review of Benito's Trattoria

Benito's Trattoria
Ranked #23 of 45 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We dined here with friends early on a Friday evening following a viewing at a local funeral home. For lovers of northern Italian cuisine, the real tests are the fried calamari and the veal dishes. Benito's passed both tests with flying colors. The calamari were crispy and tender, and the veal dishes (e.g., vitello della casa) creative and tasty. Although the restaurant was uncrowded, service was inattentive, but the food will bring us back. For a BYO, prices were reasonable with most entrees under $20.

1  Thank JerseyShoreJohn

Reviewed January 8, 2013

the town of Chester doesn't offer many options for restaurants, so I guess they can charge more. Their specials were around $28.00 - - the food is good, but not THAT good.

BYOB is always great - saves you a lot.
caprese
Chicken Fiorentina was good - nothing special. Gamberi (shrimp) Toscana was OK. Veal Caprese was tasty.

The restauarant it a little tough to find - it's NOT on Main Street, it's in the back (follow the sign)

You DO need a reservation

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant for 10 years. We have NEVER had a bad meal. Plus being a BYO is a benefit. John, Alberto and the rest of the staff go out of their way to make sure your have a pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank Vacationingisthebest
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We live in Chester, and this is our favorite local eating place. The clams oregenatta is my husbands all time favorite. We love the fine selection of veal dishes and have never been disappointed with the food or the service. We eat there often.

1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Surprised by all the mixed reviews on Benito's. Me and my wife have been going there for years and we are rarely diappointed. Perhaps because we are local and the owner John and Alberto have gotten to know us, but the service is usually very good. The pasta is homemade and consisently good. The tilapia is my Uncle's favorite. I recently had a seafood pasta special and it was the best meal I had in a very long time. I tend to be critical espicially when it comes to Italian but I truly like and reccomend Benito's.