“Reminds me of a NH ski complex”

Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Reminds me of a NH ski complex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

My 4th year at this great Residence Inn. The setup of this hotel reminds of a NH ski complex. Hotel is just outside of the museum district of Philly. Very quiet and spacious rooms. Friendly staff and very clean. I will definitely stay again next year.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed at the Residence Inn for a long weekend recently. The location was good with easy access off/on a major road but secluded enough to be quiet. I should have listened to previous reviews regarding the condition of the beds. Being the optimist, I decided to stay for two nights. Well, the beds were as bad as they said, mattresses were very very uncomfortable to the point where I awoke with a backache. The room itself was clean. Upstairs from us was a guest who walked the entire night, which kept us all awake, no fault of the hotel, as they have no control over guest activities in their room. The toilet would not flush at 9:30 our first night, called front desk and told we had to come get the plunger outselves as there was nobody to deliver to us. I have to say that anyone we encountered who worked for the hotel was friendly and accomadating but unfortunately we will not be returning. We checked out and went to a full service marriott within the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

We went to Philadelphia for the weekend and we frequent Marriott hotels quite a bit both here and abroad. It seems as if they are going downhill in some of their establishments. This one in particular: Our queen bed looked as though it was slept in, the entire room had that "off" odor to it, musty etc. As well there were a couple of dead roaches in the corner of the bathroom near the toilet........the walls need a coat of paint..........and yes, lets not forget what appeared to be dried "whipped cream" on the head of the sofa........or was it? Three lights in the room were inoperable. They should also have a rule for smokers!! If they must smoke they should exit their room and take a walk AWAY from the building. The cement flooring in front of our room was littered with numerous butts from the "considerate tenants" above. We wont be coming back to this Marriott, and if we ever go to another one of their hotels, we will examine the room BEFORE we agree to spend the night. Only plus was.......no bedbugs. Very disappointed to say the least.but you get what you pay for. My advise: STAY AWAY.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cody56

Travelers are raving about these Cherry Hill hotels

toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

No complaints here. Staff were great, ample parking, air conditioned in awful heat wave, that was GREAT. Food in the restaurant was wonderful and the waiters ( I ate there twice in 3 days) were wonderful, polite, and helpful. Front desk people were real pros, and my room was spic and span. would stay here anytime. :)

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Hudson Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed here for a week recently on a business assignment. I was not quite sure what to expect based on the varying reviews. I was pleased with the room and property. I do agree that it can be a bit hard to find, with the Route 70 signs making you think you are in the lane for Interstate 295 North. There are only little signs saying that there is a turn coming up and then the turn or Old Cuthbert Rd, with the sign at the street partially obscured by weeds. The sign is not visible form Rte 70.

The check in was friendly and efficient, even at the 11PM hour I arrived. My king unit was typically room for this type of RI. The interior was clean, not worn.. not contemporary, but nice. The full kitchen had every appliance and accessories to make a dinner, with a full frig, microwave and stove with an oven.

The bathroom was reasonably sized, with the sink & vanity outside the room with the shower and toilet. Water was hot, plentiful with good pressure.

Despite being near I295 & Rt 70, the room was quiet.

The included breakfast was plentiful, with daily scrambled eggs, a pot of hot oatmeal, a hot waffle maker, cereals, cut up and whole fruits, potatoes/biscuits/sausage patties/bacon various days. The evening, if you made by 7 or 7:30, had food. One nights it was hamburgers & fixin's, grilled chicken, another chicken tenders and fries. certainly could save money for people traveling if you like the evening's choice. I had a burger and a piece of grilled chicken with sliced tomatoes... very god and plenty of both.

I would stay again... but may not because Marriott gives 5 Rewards Points now for every $1 spent at all Residence Inns, versus the $10 per they used to give.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

We had friendly staff at this Residence Inn, and the kids enjoyed the "loft" room, although I was dreadfully fearful that my 3-year-old might plunge over the wall in the loft from the bed down to the lower level. They should really have those walls finished to reach up all the way to the ceiling so that no one loses a child over the loft wall.
But it was nice to have the extra space with 2 queen beds and sleeper sofa. Each bed, including the sofa, had it's own space in the residence.
I have a few other complaints about this particular hotel.
1. First and foremost, the mattresses need to be replaced!! My bed felt like it was about 20 years old. It "sagged" in the middle. The sleeper sofa mattress also looked a bit dingy.
2. The pool area needs a face-lift. I didn't understand the extra concrete staircase that went above the pool side. What was that all about? Pool is also an outdoor pool next to the lobby, and the lobby is in a separate building from the guest rooms. You will have to walk across the parking lot to get to the pool.
3. Door handles, tub drains and faucets in our room weren't all working properly.
4. My bedroom was badly in need of a new paint job. There scuff marks all over one wall in particular.
5. Finally, if you reserve a "loft" room with 2 queen beds, sleeper sofa in 2 separate bedroom areas, be aware that there's no elevator to those rooms, and they're all on the second floor. So you will have to walk up a steep flight of stairs with your luggage in all the elements--snow, rain, humidity, etc. because they're outdoor corridors.
6. We're not from New Jersey, and if you aren't from the area, be aware of New Jersey's crazy traffic system. There are very few left-hand turns allowed anywhere. You will have to turn right, turn right, turn right to get anywhere. Allow for 3 times the amount of time to get anywhere.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy C
san diego, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

I was here for 4 days on a business trip. I found the the inn very nice, great breakfast, coffee and juice all day. Very friendly staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
#1 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel

Been to Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia? Share your experiences!