“Love love love”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Love love love”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I love this place.For one the staff was amazing,very friendly and welcoming.The rooms were very clean.We rented the Bi level suite which was well worth the money.As soon as I can get another chance to go get away we will be definitely going back.Thanks again to the staff for the fine service!!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the bi level suite it's worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy258
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the very positive review. We agree that our staff is great and we are glad you enjoyed our 2 bedroom suites. The extra space makes a stay very comfortable. We look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Here's what was good: A friendly staff, nice clean albeit a little aging physical facility. Very good breakfast and comfortable rooms. Here's what was not so good Internet was intermittent and not fast. A lot of time this means the user doesn't know how to use it. Not in this case, I depend on internet in the room and use it frequently. I did get it to work and it was very straght-forward. But sometimes there was a connection to the router and sometimes not. The other thing I didn't like was the shower. The water barely came out. Very unusual in Marriott branded hotels. Most use upscale Speakman shower heads. These were very cheap Walmart style and must have been plugged or something. One last thing was the access. It's very hard to find this place if you don't know the local roads. With modern GPS powered phones this isn't a huge issue but there are some that will find this very frustrating since you have to do a long drive if you miss the "hidden" turn.

S there you have it. Two of the mos important criteria to me didn't pass muster but everything else was superb hence the 3 star rating. I hope this helps.

Sailright

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sailright
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments about our friendly staff, the clean and comfortable rooms and the very good breakfast. I also appreciate your honest feedback about the internet issues and the shower. I apologize for these problems as it sounds like the access point was down in your building. We have the ability to re-set these if they go down. I agree with you that the Speakman shower heads are the best and we are in the process of putting these in all of our rooms.

I hope we get another opportunity to host you when your travel plans bring you back to our area.
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here back in August and could not be happier. I flew into Philly from San Diego and decided to stay in Cherry Hill since I was visiting family both in Philly and NJ and I am so glad I found this hotel. From the moment I checked in I felt welcomed! The young lady at the front desk was so helpful finding me a cab as well as local eateries and did everything with a smile. I was pleasantly surprised that even though I was on the highway side, it was still a very quiet room.

I can wait to come back east to stay at the Residence Inn again!!! Thanks you guys rock!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DKNJ54
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the very nice comments about your recent stay. Even though we are located in South Jersey, we are very convenient to Philadelphia. Next time you come back to the area we look forward to hosting you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here 1 night, and left in a hurry. Appearance of room although similar to the brand, was one of neglect. Outside access to all rooms making a single female travelling feel very unsafe. My room was at the back of the property and I was certainly glad it was daytime as I found the front door to my room which was not well signed from the parking area. Location right on major road made for a very noisy night, and I kept thinking the window was open. Insulation was poor. Front desk staff very pleasant. Evening food offering was very strange - tuna salad. Missed the road to the hotel on the first pass, not easy to find.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your experience. We hear mostly positive comments from our female travelers on our residential, townhome layout so I was surprised by your concerns. Our property is located in a suburban environment off route 70 by the route 295 on ramp. I apologize for the difficulty you had finding us.

Travelers are raving about these Cherry Hill hotels

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It was wonderful to have room to spread out! The loft area had its own bed and bath and the living area was huge and had a fireplace. It is only 20 minutes from downtown Philadelphia and it is easy to get to the Woodcrest PATCO station and leave your car behind. The staff was exceptional and the breakfast was the typical fare. It was nice to have the evening reception during the week. I had no problems staying at this site.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ebnelsen
We agree with your comments that our staff is exceptional and our suites are perfect for families. Thank you for staying with us and your positive feedback.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Visited on a 'girls weekend' and booked two suites for our group using my Marriott Rewards points (I am VERY loyal to Marriott brand, which made this whole experience even worse!).

Rooms were terrific, lots of space and despite what another female reviewer wrote, we loved the townhouse style layout and none of us felt any threat to our safety whatsoever. Breakfast buffet was also excellent; despite getting 'slammed' during a non-stop breakfast rush over our two day stay, the staff kept everything looking full, fresh and clean!

The pool was filthy, and I mean filthy. I am not a princess but there was so much visible residue covering the bottom that none of us was willing to go in. We chose the Cherry Hill site instead of staying in Philly specifically for the outdoor pool and never got to swim: Disappointing!

The stay really de-railed when we came back to our rooms after a full day of sightseeing at around 5pm; we had only about an hour to shower and get dressed up for our dinner reservation and a night on the town. We discovered that housekeeping had not attended to either of our rooms. We called the front desk and were told that they were behind and we could expect service in about a half hour. This was no good as we would be in the midst of our getting ready. We asked if we could get some fresh towels and were told "yes" but the towels did not arrive. When we returned at about 2am our rooms were freezing cold; the thermostat in my room had been reset to 59 degrees by housekeeping. This appears to have been malicious as there doesn't appear to be any explanation for why the temperature would have been set so low. It took an hour with the fireplace to make the room comfortable enough to even sleep in; as we sat huddled together under every blanket in the room, exhausted and very upset. I called the front desk and they indicated that the Manager was (obviously) not on duty but that I would be contacted. Got back home two weeks ago and haven't heard a word.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this place; the filthy pool and vindictive housekeepers outweigh the other benefits. If you do go, don't count on your room being cleaned and I suggest you pack extra towels plus a nice warm parka!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. The nice comments about the "terrific rooms" and the "excellent" breakfast buffet are appreciated. I was disappointed to hear your comments about the outdoor pool. Our pool, which is open Labor Day thru Memorial Day, is cleaned twice daily and as needed during the day. It does not sound like you advised anyone at the hotel that the pool was filthy as we would certainly clean it immediately if it was too dirty to swim. I apologize for the fact that it was in that condition.

The late housekeeping service was unfortunate, but I do not think our staff would purposely set your thermostat to be vindicative. Please feel free to call me to discuss your stay. I was not aware you were waiting to hear from me until I read this review.

We are concerned anytime we disappoint our guests. We have been the #1 rated hotel on TripAdvisor for the past 2 years in the Cherry Hill area. Our goal is to satisfy all of our guests.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Lovely 'suite', as one large room that contains a queen size bed, separate seating area with fireplace, couch, TV, work desk for computer use; kitchen with amenities. Over all, a pleasant place to stay. And many amenities we did not use: free breakfast, pool, barbeque, very handsomely landscaped surroundings, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are happy to hear you had a most pleasant experience. Thank you for the nice comments. We look forward to hosting you when your travel plans bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherry Hill
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
#1 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel

Been to Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia? Share your experiences!