“Rooms are large”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Reviewed November 22, 2012

It has been many years since I stayed here (it was still a Hyatt in those days). Was staying for an event this time and because of that got a special group rate. Rooms are very large (mine with a river & Philly view). A little wear on the hotel itself, but, nothing out of line. Only comment would be about a snack I had at the bar. Ordered the crabcake to hold me over till the dinner I was attending and it come out on the cold side (mind you crab is good hot or cold). Also, the bar didn't have Canadian Club, which I though was a little odd. Lobby is large almost to the point of being cavernous and could image how noisy it could be when a lot of people are in it. Since both the bar and dining room are directly off the lobby, this could be an issue.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and myself found ourselves at this hotel to attend a wedding. We had not made reservations prior to arriving because it was a last minute decision to attend. I phoned the hotel and was told there would be plenty of rooms available that evening so I could get a room upon arriving. We walked into the hotel tired from a long drive from Baltimore and we loved the impression the lobby gave us it looked sophisticated. I immediately walk over to the counter and to my surprise the front desk agent does not see me because she is much too busy texting maybe on her cell phone. I stood in front of her for about 30 seconds when my husbands pulls me aside and asked me what the problem was. I explained and as we look up we see another girl with bright red hair busy and very attentive taking care of another guest and the other girl still on her phone! My husband immediately searches for another hotel in the area and finds the Holiday Inn. As he initiates the call I walk over to the desk hoping the other front desk agent would be available but she is still busy so I walk over to the girl with the cell phone and this time she actually looks at me. Cell phone in hand and a name tag that said Jackie she asked me if she could help me. Not only was she using her cell phone rudely at the desk I noticed the phone was plugged in she was CHARGING the phone also! When I was about to speak to her my husband called me over and told me they had rooms at the Holiday Inn only 5 minutes away. He was not impressed with the front desk lack of customer appreciation and did not want to stay. I agreed. We did come back to the hotel and will be back because of the wedding and hope for the bride and grooms sake their experience is better than ours.

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property when we attended a family member's wedding. After reading many poor reviews, I had been a little concerned. While this is an older property, I was pleasantly surprised to see many new renovations. The lobby bar is beautiful. The wedding facility was beautiful. The bridal suite on the 11th floor was spacious and had an incredible view of Cooper River and the Philadelphia skyline. It seemed as all the wedding guests enjoyed the property and were pleased with their rooms.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Decent for an older Crowne Plaza. Rooms were nothing amazing, but there was also nothing wrong. The Priority Club 'lounge' had a better breakfast than other Crowne Plazas I've stayed at, yet it's still sub-par when compared to a Holiday Inn Express (which isn't saying much). All things considered, you'd think they'd treat their top customers with better value. Great view of Philadelphia. 7/10

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel has more than 40,000 square feet of meeting space and that is obviously what they are geared toward - getting big meetings in and out. We were staying for one night and the service was unresponsive, at best. We had to call 5 times in an hour and 15 minutes to get an answer on a problem with our room. I would say it wasn't the cleanest overall. Our receipt had a $50 charge (yes, that's $50!) for a local call that we didn't make. I always use my cell phone, but is $50 now that standard rate for a local call from a hotel?! I would neither recommend nor go back.

Room Tip: River view was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband was in Philadelphia on business, while I was on monkey business..... I got to see a lot of the hotel that others wouldn't have. Top notch in every aspect. Hospitality is what they do. Every staff member was friendly and helpful. Clean, clean,clean, no a speck of dust anywhere. Our room was very comfortable. Great location. We didn't use the resteraunt in the resteraunt but it was always busy. The coffee shop sold Starbuks and that was good.

Room Tip: My tip is to just make a reservation and show up.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Debzawada
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great location, it is near two malls and shopping plaza. We had many restaurants to choose from and its 15 minutes from Philadelphia. The service is excellent and the rooms are great
My wife and i enjoyed are get away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Cherry Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
#3 of 28 in Mount Laurel

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill? Share your experiences!