See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2012

OMG, what a disappointment for a Crowne Plaza property, dated, poorly supervised staff and a "really who cares" attitude. Check in went well, front desk was friendly... Well that's it, down hill from there. We got to the room, thermostat was set at 61 degrees, pushed it up to 75 but it kept blowing an ice storm. Room 720 meat locker or morgue. By 11pm just edged over 70 degree mark, made for extra cuddling. Up in the morning and off to Philadelphia for the day. Great time, enjoyed the day, until we got back to Hotel 7pm. It all spirals out of control from this point. Not a single disabled parking spot available, half the cars have no permit, we get to the room to find the door ajar ( oh crap are we getting robbed). Ready for battle I kick in the door, to find the room made up and nobody there. Housekeeping did not pull the door closed after doing the room, now I'm pissed, call down to front desk and get the same sorry story as the meat locker, parking complaint. Ok I need a drink now, off to the vending machine on our floor, exact change only and 5 of the 6 selections sold out, I had to go to 4 other floors go finally get a coke for my rum. Now I'm steaming, maybe a swim will help, you have to walk through the lobby and the meeting room lobby to get to the outdoor pool. Towels? Right there says pool girl, who was a bit too busy with her friends or family or other employees sitting around pool table to actually tell me what side of bin had the clean towels, since both sides were wet and just tossed in. Settled in for the night, no internet watched tv until around midnight. Maybe a new day will bring a better day. NOPE. 9am, the absolute loudest pounding on our door you will ever hear, at least 6 or 7 pounds followed by "Housekeeping" shocked out of a sound sleep by this crazy housekeeper. Yes I did have the Do Not Disturb sign on door. I really should have been arrested as I completly lost all sense of humanity, yelling at crazy lady and the front desk. At this point I told front desk, I AM NOT PAYING A CENT for this disastrous vacation.

Close the hotel NOW, remodel and re-hire the staff.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Robert M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Robert M,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your overall stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort you experienced due to the temperature in your room and the troubles you encountered in securing a parking space as well as the shortcomings of our staff. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is an old building and you can see it from the lobby all the way to your room. Floor carpets is old and not very clean. Room is a large size with nice large windows; bathroom ok but the ventilation system was not very good. Disappointed with the quality overall and on top of that I needed internet that day but they had technical problems. We called the support and the internet provider had no idea what to tell us. Eventually the hotel reception confirmed that the internet is not working throughout the hotel. Makes me wonder if I should use Crowne Plaza ever; however I stayed on other property last year for about a week and I was happy with that one.

They should really renovate this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClaudetteSouri
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear ClaudetteSouri,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It's nice to see that you appreciate the size of the room. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance and condition of the property. My additional apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the internet connection. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is dated and in need of a remodel. I was given a a room that upon entering noticed someones bags-Back to desk for another assignment...room 2....same problem-someone was already in there so back to desk. The front desk associate apologized and upgraded me to a suite(which was appreciated). It was definitely in need of a remodel with tired old furniture and wall coverings. The bedroom was on a second floor after climbing stairs, there was no air-conditioning up stairs so was very warm all night. Plus the outdated bathroom which needed a remodel was on the lower floor so had to go down the stairs which I found to be a big pain. (i did appreciate the gesture) I do have to say I won't be back-definately not up to standard for what I prefer. The restaurant was pretty mediocre as well although the staff was very nice. Not their fault the hotel group needs to make some capital improvements and seem very overdue!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel was ok. I expected a little more. We arrived around 10pm and there was no food available at the hotel. It was not fancy or luxurious- just a hotel. I have stayed in much nicer Crowne Plaza's. I think this must be an older property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The common areas of this hotel were fine, but the rooms and corridors are dated. The room I was given was past due for an upgrade - mostly in the bathroom. The paper was peeling from the walls and the toilet did a quick refill at least once a minute - all night long. The front desk staff was efficient, but no one answered when I called for maintenance. The location is convenient to - but not on - major highways and only about 8 miles from Philadelphia. From that direction, the neighborhood looks a bit sketchy, but around the hotel it's fine. Nothing is immediately around this hotel, but plenty of restaurants are about 2 miles east on either 38 or 70. There is a large free parking lot, and the hotel is easy to find. Pricing was reasonable and check-in and check-out were a breeze.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends