See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Make sure you check every inch of the bed before staying in this hotel. I was in room 410 (military floor) and there were bed bugs there. The next morning I had several bites on my left arm and back. Good thing that I did not get disqualified when I had my physical.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Jay138
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Jay138,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
Case Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here July 6 and 7. We usually go to Atlantic City for a "night away" but prices are crazy in the summer. We drove the hour to Cherry Hill. I stayed here when it was The Hilton in 2002, with our daughter, so I knew the hotel and the area. Anyway, it was great. Room was fantastic...so many layers to the bed. There was a NA Convention going on and we heard NOTHING. Get a rear room. Spend the few extra bucks and you see Philadelphia from your room. Pool was beautiful. 10 feet deep...amazing. Staff was the best. We encounter 2 different staff members at 2 different times in the elevators and they both talked to us like they really cared about our stay. We are going back real soon. Lots of shopping in the area and good restaurants. Only bad thing was the Embers Bar in the hotel. Check the prices. We had four drinks and it cost us $48.00, before tip. Not happy hour Atlantic City prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Philadelphia...simply breathtaking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here for a sporting event and while the hotel location was extremely convenient, the hotel itself needs a fair bit of freshening up. Our first room had a large bubble filled water in the ceiling over the toilet that looked like it was about to burst-and was slowly leaking. They kindly put us in another room. The new room didn't look quite as old and tired but still not great. The carpets felt slightly damp and were stained in many spots, there were stains on the wallpaper, and rust/water damage in the bath area. The room felt humid. Wouldn't choose to stay here again unless mandated by a "group stay".

Room Tip: High floor, facing the river.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ctmom90
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Ctmom90,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. I am pleased our convenient location met your needs. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the rooms and amenities. We will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We embrace guest feedback in an effort to improve our guest experience. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was a bit nervous after a relative had already booked rooms for our family (as we were travelling there for a funeral,) before I read the reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor..But I had no worries once we got there,.. We all were on the 10th floor (5 rooms for 4 days). All rooms were clean and all staff we interacted with were friendly, professional and helpful. All linens and bathrooms were clean. The only negative comment I can make is I would have preferred an included complimentary free breakfast (as offered by other hotels) and a refrigerator/microwave standard in the rooms would have been convenient since our group stayed for a few days. I must say that when my Dad's room key stopped working (since he kept it right next to his cell phone which de-magnetized it)) and I mentioned when I called that he was quite elderly and that he needed to get in right away, a staff person was there in less than 3 minutes (really!) with new key cards for him. Yes, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Very quiet on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel is a bit the worse for wear and could use some freshening up. The front desk staff was friendly enough but I had the misfortune of getting upstairs to my room and discovering my room key didn't work and then having to go get that sorted out upon arriving late at the hotel. I then heard from coworkers that that happens quite often which is kind of annoying.

The room was a good size and was fine for my purposes which was just a convenient place to stay on a business trip.

The room service dinner was pretty terrible but the breakfast was good.

If I had spoken with fellow co-workers who were coming down on the same trip prior to booking this hotel I would have stayed elsewhere with them as none of them booked this location and had an excellent time where they were.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business