$85
$110
$99
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$90
$104
WoodSpring Suites Cherry Hill(Cherry Hill)(Great Value!)
$82
Inn of the Dove(Cherry Hill)
$99
Feather Nest Inn(Cherry Hill)
$92
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 29, 2012

If you are planning a wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza be very careful about the specifics. I was shown a Grande Ballroom and was told the reception would be in this particular room or the ones on the left of right of it which were similar in size and style.
I was also shown a very nice room for our cocktail hour. Turns out I was misled.

The night of the reception we arrived at the venue to find that we were not getting the Grande Ballroom at all. Our reception was set up in a smaller outdated room across the hall. Imagine our surprise!
To add to our dismay, we walk in to find that the cocktail hour is being held in the this tiny room as well.

What made it even worse was the fact that we arranged for a projector and very large screen to be set up so that our wedding ceremony (which took place on a spectacular beach in LaHoya California) would be shown during cocktail hour.

So there we were looking at the projector and screen along with a cocktail arrangement all set up in the same room where the reception took place.
To make matters worse, because the projector screen was so big in comparison to the small room, many of the professional pictures taken by our photographer had the screen in the background. It was very difficult to select pictures for the album. Most of them were ruined!

Next, we come to find out that there was no place setting or seats set up for a couple (friends of the bride) we had on the list of attendees. We brought it to the attention of our consultant and so to our surprise, they carried an empty table across the room to seat the couple next to the grooms parents. How awkward for them to be seated at the last minute at a table by themselves!

Finally, I would like to add that I received a call from our consultant asking if the Crowne Plaza could make things right for us (save the deal) since we had so many mishaps (there were other problems not mentioned here). They asked me to document the things that we were unhappy about and send it to them. I drafted an e-mail listing all the mishaps and received a call saying I would hear back from the manager.

That was 6 months ago and I have not heard back from anyone!
I would not recommend having a wedding reception here. We were misled and very disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms weren't too bad but don't have a wedding reception here!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Resereved a "river view" room. Arrived a day early. In a nearly empty building the room wasn't, first available-occupied, then not cleaned. This was at 4pm.

Gave me a 6th floor room with a great view of the roof and the rusting a/c units. Said it was "temporary". The next day I asked about the room change and got a "why" expression. The bathroom was damaged-- ceiling was cracked and displaced over the shower; had either rust stains or mold. The toilet DID NOT FLUSH. I fixed it myself!

Told them I paid extra and wanted the correct room. They didn't have one "available". After insisting they gave me an 11th floor room with a nice view.

Quality control is very poor. The vanity/make-op mirror was broken and the blow dryer switch was intermittent. Complementary incidentals varied between the two rooms-- item set incomplete. The closet had only one sliding door, the 6th floor unit had two.
The a/c-heat was so noisy it sounded like there was construction going on outside. Had to turn it off to sleep.

The bedsheets are so coarse that I actually have "rug-burns" all up and down my arms from them! Cable TV station array was not digital and very, VERY limited. Refridge and microwave are extra charge in a $127/nite room! Did not receive complimentary USA Today as other rooms did. Chairs were worn out.
I estimate about 10% occupancy on my floor and probably that overall.

Hallway carpets were worn and stained.

Restaurant was very expensive ($35 for a filet mignon!, $11 for a Grey Goose/rocks!) Never saw more than two other people in there when I was there-- and that was every night. Bar staff was very friendly... probably bored and lonely...

The pool was outside, therefor useless.

I left a shirt there. Called the next morning. Told them exactly where it would be. Six hours later no word back. (How much effort does it take an attentive staff member to ride an elevator to the room??) I called back and complained--had to leave voice mail. About 15 later I get a call saying they searched "everywhere" and could not find it. This in a room that had not been cleaned nor even entered by anyone since I left... so they claim. Tried to imply I was mistaken, that I hadn't left the shirt there.

Holiday Inn is less than 1/2 mile down the street. Stay there instead. I will NEVER return to Crowne.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear MarkC481361,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant place to stay. The bed was comfy, the food was good, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I used the gym facility and it was sufficient as well. I was here for work, a HS competition, and it met all of our needs. They have a Starbucks in the hotel and that is ALWAYS a plus!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
cherryhillcrowne, Director of Guest Services/Front Office at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Dear Poughkeepsie,

Thank you for your time in sharing your pleasant experience during your stay with us. It is always our main goal to meet or exceed guests' expectations, and we are so happy to have met yours.

Looking forward to welcome your group back again next year. Have a wonderful day.

Suzette N. Parungao

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Where to begin? We checked in and immediately checked the bed as my wife and I always do when stay in hotels. This tends to be where you discover whether or not the room was really prepared and cleaned.
We were shocked to discover the sheets had little black hairs on the pillows and right in the middle of the sheets under the dirty comforter. The pillows had mascara and drool stains, and the rug was clearly not vacuumed. Moldy tub tiles. This was the first room.
I called the desk to complain and without asking a single question, the nice female voice at the desk told me that she would be sending someone up with keys to a new room. So we gathered our things and waited about 10 minutes before someone knocked at the door. The bellhop handed me keys, a handwritten sorry note, with two drink vouchers at the bar (nice but we don't drink) and the man offered to take our luggage to the next room.
NOW RIGHT HERE, you, like myself, must assume that they would have made sure that our next room was to the T but, unfortunately it was far from it. Unbelievably so, our next bed had a dead bug (pic) under the fold of the comforter and this time there was a dried white substance on the headboard.(pic) The mirror in the bathroom had what appeared to be old hairspray spray on it and the curtains were filthy. (pic) Mildew stains on the ceiling.
Right away I called the front desk and asked for a manager to come to the room. The manager (Bob) was nice and I showed him all the problems of the second room and explained the problems of the first. He was nice enough to bring keys for a third room which he explained was an "upgraded room". On a higher floor. We thanked him at the elevator and off we went to the third room. Well, the truth is, it was the same style and sized room, only this time, it had nicer towels, ear plugs, and a set of folded bathrobes on the bed.
***NOW HERE'S WHERE IT GETS WORSE!!!***
One of the bathrobes had a curly black hair on the collar!! Now let me just say right now, that if I was reading this, I would find myself wondering how it could be that THREE different rooms had nasty hairs in various places and I myself STILL CANT BELIEVE IT. But, the reality and the pics don't lie. It was terrible!!
This morning when my wife and I woke up, we discovered up upon the wall that the smoke detector was missing with just the wires hanging out of it. That and we noticed the genius who wallpapered the room whenever he did so, just went right over an old outlet!! (pics of that too). We were next to the housekeeping cart garage and were woken up by the noise of people going in and out of the room that was propped open by a latch, so it didn't close all the way. The bathroom metal tissue caddy is about to fall out of the wall.
So, my wife tried to make coffee in the Keurig machine and IT WAS BROKE!! (Did not heat)
We received the bill, this morning under the door and THEY HAD THE NERVE to charge us MORE FOR THE THIRD ROOM WITHOUT EVEN DISCOUNTING FOR OUR INCONVENIENCE OF THE FIRST TWO ROOMS!!
Our original room was $99, but, the bill was for $119 PLUS TAX!!
At checkout, I again asked for a manager who refused to look at the pictures, and also REFUSED TO REFUND THE BILL!! She told me that taking the things I had mentioned into consideration, "it wasn't necessary to take off more than 50%"
Three filthy, disgusting rooms, HEALTH, SAFETY, AND FIRE HAZARDS and they still felt it was worth 50 BUCKS! I kept my calm and asked for a corporate number to which I was told they have none. I was given a name for another manager. She's off for the next two days of course, so I'll just write these reviews and tell EVERYONE I KNOW TO SKIP THE CROWNE PLAZA!! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!
Thanks Crowne Plaza for not one, not two, but THREE disgusting rooms!
Youtube is my next stop.
What happened to real customer service and the knowledge of cleanliness? You wont find it at Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cherry Hill!!!
I didn't even mention the stains and rips in the wallpaper along the walls everywhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 1LuckyDaddy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear 1LuckyDaddy,

I am most disappointed and concerned to read your comments. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I remember years ago Crowne Plaza was referred to as the premium chain from Holiday Inn. So when I stayed here, I expected something better than a standard Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn express. In reality, a newly built Holiday Inn Express is better than this place.
The property is tired and dated. Rooms were worn out. Not a bad place to stay but certainly not worth paying more than $80-$90.00. Location is good.
This property is a text book example of why just a having a good chain name on a hotel doesn't necessarily make it that great. The next night on my trip I stayed in another city at a Hampton Inn and that hotel was way better than this Crowne Plaza.
So if you get this place on a Priceline stay, fear not, you'll be OK. It's just not worth spending anything more than around $80-90/night on.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear travel49424,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.