See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 27, 2007

i would have to say i feel this place is average. There were definite problems, but i couldn't complain because i got this place for a steal of only 5,000 points from Priority Club.

I talked to Leo at the front desk, manager, and he gave us a corner room with great view over the lake - worth it. it was extra spacious and very comfortable.

I will agree with the bathrooms. It didn't quite make sense to me. new shower curtains and great shower heads, but the wallpaper was pealing and a few of the floor tiles were cracked. (??)

Love the beds - very very cozy and they even give their sleep system packet.

the staff was dressed up professional but they weren't professional. i couldn't get a smile or eye contact from the front desk girl and the bell-man was swearing to whomever he was talking to on his cell phone. i was disappointed in this and think that a Crown Plaza should have employees who will be personable and just plain respectful.

all in all, this place has all the makings for an up-scale hotel, but is missing several key ingredients that take away a gold star that keep it from being above average and excellent.

stay here if you can get it cheap - otherwise, there might be a better deal elsewhere.

travel tip: great place to stay just outside of Philly, BUT you will have to pay $3 when you entering Philly from the NJ border to cross the Delaware River on the Franklin Bridge.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunsetlegend
Reviewed November 22, 2007

what a great hotel. front desk was very friendly and responsive to my needs. room was excellent, very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2007

This hotel was assigned by my company's travel department. When I first received the work order I was skeptical seeing that it's a Hilton turned Crowne Plaza. I've never liked Crowne Plaza's hotels and was really shocked to see that this one is unlike every Crowne Plaza experience I've had.

TripAdvisor reviews were not very good, and all said to stay away. I even went so far as to make a back-up reservation at a Marriott in the event this hotel was as bad as described by fellow TripAdvisors.

The hotel was relatively easy to find from downtown Philadelphia (with the help of GPS). I arrived at 8pm on a Friday night, and the parking lot was packed. It was so crowded that I had to take an unmarked spot next to a lot island.

Once in the lobby I was wowed by the bright lights, newer looking furnishings, and at how clean the common areas were. Check-in was a breeze, no wait, and the staff were courteous and quick.

The elevator cars were old, but everything worked. I had a 12th floor room looking towards Philadelphia, not much as far as view goes, but the window opened so it was nice to get fresh air.

All the TripAdvisor reviews suggested that this property was in desperate need of a remodel, and from the looks of the guestroom it appears they have done just that. I was delighted to see that the renovations were more than just a fresh coat of paint. While not the Ritz, it certainly wasn't anything as described by other TripAdvisors. I found the room to be clean with modern furnishings, a comfortable bed and a pleasant bathroom. The only bad thing I found was just a need for a re-grout in the bathtub/shower.

I didn't mind it, but the HVAC system was loud enough that some may find it bothersome. Not sure if it was limited to my room, the 12th floor, or the entire property.

The shower was nice, with decent water pressure and desired temperature.

I did not eat at this hotel, but coworkers had dinner in the restaurant and had no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank IntegrityTravel
Reviewed September 28, 2007

I read reviews for this location prior to my reservation, and gambled folks were being overly harsh. Well, they're generally correct. Not clean, linens and floor felt damp, and we had pleasure of wedding party outside with live band hammering away until after midnight. Hotel is clearly suffering from neglect, and not concerned with their guests comfort.

Don't make same mistake we did! Time to close this dump down, or make the decision to run it properly.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank you222
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Stayed here for buisness.Staff was nice. Room was nice but needed some updating. The shower was wacky...hot/cold/hot/cold. The iron didn't work.We had several rooms here and mine seemed to have problems.No one else complained.The beds were great.The Restaurant had good food. They had the nicest waiter who had 10 other jobs to do.He did them all with a big smile! I would stay here again.It's a smoke free hotel. I like that. Some people I work with did not.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business