“The best sushi ANYWHERE”
Review of Megu Sushi

Megu Sushi
Ranked #31 of 257 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I lived in Asia for a number of years, but the best sushi I've ever had is in Cherry Hill, NJ!

Steve (Megu) and his wife Brenda are incredible hosts and their sushi is like none I've had in Asia. Many sushi eaters go for the standards, but in my opinion, here is a sushi feast:

Eric Salmon – if this isn’t the most awesome thing you’ve ever tasted….

Oyster Shot – don’t shoot it. We sip the liquid and then save the oyster and uni for last.

Live Scallop – we dip the scallop in soy sauce and then eat it with the “crunchies” that are in the middle of the shell.

Yellowtail Carpaccio – Try it with a piece of the salad. There’s more sauce beneath the salad.

New Style Hamachi – Try it with some of the roe and scallions in the middle of the plate.

Salmon Ceveche – Make sure you soak it in the sauce.

White Tuna Salad – We like to cut the tuna into smaller pieces so we have a piece of it with each bite of the salad. Make sure you cover the tuna with the sauce which pools under the lettuce

Central Park roll - Has tuna tartar

Megu roll - Has shrimp tempura and lobster

Splendid roll - Yum

Art of Maki - This is always a crowd pleaser. It gives new meaning to the word "fresh"

Playboy roll (always order last) Has a little bit of eel.

The order I’ve listed is important…kinda’ like serving white wine before red wine! Speaking of wine, you might bring some sake. Sho Chiku Bai is a very good brand (and surprisingly inexpensive) and can be drunk hot or cold. If you have some cold, ask for the sliced cucumber that we put into it (You want to chill it – don’t add ice.)

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I try to make it here for lunch at least once a month. The food is really good and the staff is friendly, attentive, and prompt.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We received a gift certificate for christmas. This place was just ok. We were greeted by children (no more than 8 years old) at the hostess stand which was a little disturbing. We were sat in the room where you first walk in. It was definitely a no frills kind of room. Our server was rushy and all over the place. I asked for water w lemon. No lemon. Whatever. I asked for hot tea. I was served the hot tea but had to ask for sugar the next time the server came around. My husband ordered spicy tuna rolls and spicy salmon. Very basic, plain rolls which is what he likes and what he orders at other sushi places all tge time. Unfortunately both came w cucumber in them which he doesn't like. He ate them anyway but obviously did not enjoy them as much as he would have had they just been plain spicy tuna rolls like they should have been. My rolls were just ok. Unfortunately we will not be returning as there are plenty of better sushi options in the area.

1  Thank dana9880
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Megu is a great place if you like sushi or hibachi. The staff is friendly and always pleasant. The sushi is always fresh and the prices are good. They have discounts on mondays for sushi. The hibachi food is always well flavored and the veggies are cooked just right.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

After hearing A LOT of great things about Megu, we finally had the chance to stop by on a stormy Friday night and hunker down for a nice meal.
Of all the cuisine we like the best, I think that a good Japanese restaurant needs to nail some things OFF the bat, or it's all downhill. 1. Seaweed Salad. 2. The ginger dressing on the green salads.
Well, these were top-notch at Megu... and as expected, so was the rest of the meal!
The specialty rolls were great, our entrees were very good - we even sprung for dessert. I wouldn't say any of it was groundbreaking or took me to a new level of bliss, but this is BY FAR a great place on the list of tasty, satisfying Japanese fare. I would surely return, perhaps even giving the newer Moorestown location a shot, too!!! Very good!