“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Elmhurst, New York
“Decent Hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2005

This hotel is typical of a Holiday Inn. Check in was quick. The room as clean and comfortable. I did not use any of the facilities so cannot comment on them. The restaurant seemed reasonable as compared to other hotels in the same category. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank NY11373

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Edison, NJ
Reviewed July 23, 2005

This hotel is very conveniently located at NJ-70-East, across street of Garden State Pavellion, you can't miss. I got out I-295 and x34A to NJ-70-West before U-turn back.

The front desk was very busy, many people waiting to check in at the time we arrived, but glad we got a room at ground floor, but the only problem is that they had no other room but this smoking room for us; they said hotel was full which looks like when parking at the big free parking lot.

We had to use our own method to change the smoking room into a non smoking room; this is a great method used by Wyndham at Willimington DE when years ago we got hit by the smoking room, we were told to go out have a dinner, and when we came back in 30 minutes, the room magically lost all the smoking smell. Later we found out the hotel use the ironized air filter to fill out all the dislike smell.

The room is nice with high ceiling and right next to the outdoor pool which is great for kids. The lights are bright and the TV is big with many channels kids like. There is seperated sink outside the bath makes it convenient.

It also has complimentary wireless internet and the big table with two arm chairs makes it easy to do some work.

The only problem we had was the toilet was leaking and the water kept coming on and off (room #103), and there was no faucet to shut off the water, and I don't want to bother front desk at midnight, so I flush the water and use the plastic cup to block the inside of the water tank, and we has a nice quiet sleep.

There is no complimentary breakfast, but that's fine, we had a nice dinner at the King of Pizza across street at NJ-70-West, the pizza is one of the best pizza ever had, nice atmosphere, yet very reasonable price. We also brought back a dozen donuts from supermarket, with complimentary coffee, it was sufficient for the morning after nice swim at outdoor pool; the indoor pool was not open due to Wedding decoration, but outdoor pool is great, nice weather ...

We were kind of running late but no problem, they let us check out at 1pm; I gave the maid $5 tip so that she would clean other room first after we checked out, and we had another 30 more minutes.

We were late because we went to the nice Barnes & Noble bookstore down the road, about 5 miles at NJ-70-East till 11pm. We got some nice books including Bruce Lee's.

After left hotel around 1:30pm, we were at Battleship New Jersey in a few minutes and got the best price gas along NJ-70-West. We also check out the Children Garden and saw the butterfly green house; there was also WXPN festival next to it. No time for brand new Adventure Acquarium this time, but we checked it out already last month.

I like this hotel because we got all we need, and we know how to bypass any minor defects and know how to obtain replacement resources at very economic way, e.g. a $2 dozen donuts from nearby supermarket, that offset the inconvenient of no complimentary breakfast.

Basically, we are very familiar with the area, we went to nearby Chuck E Cheese since many years ago; it is like living in hometown. The most important is the nice staffs.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank biddingforhotel
NJ
Reviewed June 22, 2005

I had stayed here 4 or 5 nights. I prefer the Hampton Inn in Voorhees but would stay here when they were booked.

After working and driving all day I arrived at their front desk around 6PM. They told me they oversold and would give me a free night in a "neighboring" Holiday Inn. So I figured, okay--these things happen.

The neighboring Holiday Inn was 25 miles away. I would give that H-I one out of 5 stars. Dirty and dark. This meant a 45 minute drive to see my client the next day. I cannot go back here knowing that I might not have a room when I arrive.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank ReallyDolly

Travelers are raving about these Cherry Hill hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 16, 2005

Well, we checked in (january 7th check out january 9th, 2005)and the man in front of us was having a terrible time with the hotel desk clerk, i stood there and prayed another one would come out of the office and help me..after waiting 20 minutes she finally stepped to the office to get the manager to help her and the manager noticed me and called another clerk to help me. My check in went smoothly..thank god I had made my reservation online with a cheaper rate of $57.nightly..the poor man was paying over $100 for the same room I recieved.
Next we went to the room, the door was all bent like someone had kicked it in. We called down to the desk but because I had refused to give them $100 deposit for the phone, I couldn't even call the desk so I had to call on my cell phone. I requested another room but because of several weddings they were booked..so we kept the room.
IT WAS CLEAN, By the way..
we immediately changed and headed for ATLANTIC CITY TAJ MAHAL which is a 45minute drive down the Atlantic city expressway and $2.50 toll each way...got back to room about midnight, went to take shower but NO HOT WATER...
next day we got our wake up call and we took showers..thank goodness hot water now at 6am..Called downstairs to ask where the contintential breakfast was located...NO FREE BREAKFAST AT THIS HOTEL..so we decided to grab breakfast in philadelphia..we headed to the train station to go into Philadelphia for the day, had to pay $1 parking at WESTMONT train station (only 1.5 miles from hotel, easy directions), got the $2.65 roundtrip tickets each (traveling with my cousin for my 41st birthday..) we went into philly for the day was back at hotel by 4:30pm..called down to find out about hot tub,,there isn't any..and found out they were allowing two birthday parties at the pool so the pool was overly crowded with screaming kids..we were tired and wanted the warm water so decided to risk it for alittle while (we are moms, opted to go on kid free weekend)..the pool although heated was very cold..even colder when getting out of water.. found out from the mom that even though there was about 40 kids in the pool only 5 were actually hotel quest..we stayed about 15 minutes..
went and again about 5:30 no hot water in the shower either..we decided to get dress and go to OLD NAVY which was close to hotel to shop alittle.
went to restaurant in the bar ..it was ELVIS birthday so they had a big party planned but it was too full..people were lined out the door with their kids..this was a bar and grill with a live band..no where to sit,no where to dance if you wanted..lol, but alot of screaming kids..lol
we got our meal to take to our rooms we were tired from walking philly all day..so by 9pm we were in bed..halls got alittle noisy..but again no working phone to complain..our phone kept ringing about midnight with the wrong number, apparently incoming calls but no outgoing allowed.
got up early on sunday and checked out..there was atleast some hot water at 6am again..so if you stay..take showers early..if you want hot water..i would not stay here again..it was clean, loud, rude people and no amenities..especially hot water...you choose!!!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
#4 of 28 in Mount Laurel

Been to Holiday Inn Cherry Hill? Share your experiences!