“Good Choice For NJ Side of Philly”

Holiday Inn Cherry Hill
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Upper Arlington, Ohio
“Good Choice For NJ Side of Philly”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is an older Holiday Inn but it has been updated recently. My queen room was very small by Holiday Inn standards, but was also very nice, with a comfortable bed, working HVAC, and a nicely redone bathroom. The work area was large and functional. Internet speed was very good in the afternoon but dropped during the evening to near-unusable slowness.

There was a reception for Priority Club members in the evening with free beer, wine and appetizers - that was nice and unexpected. Breakfast in the restaurant was OK, and the staff was extremely friendly - I had a business meeting over breakfast that went for a couple of hours; they never made us feel like they wanted us to leave.

Overall, this is a good choice if you are looking for a Priority Club property on the NJ side of Philly. Marlton Pike has every kind of store and restaurant that you could ever need right across the street as well.

Room Tip: My room was an upgrade, I would ask for that as I'm assuming that these are the recently renovat...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Travelingpro_8, Manager at Holiday Inn Cherry Hill, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time out to compliment our hotel, its amenities, staff and neighborhood.

…And, thanks for noticing our exciting renovations, inclusive of all our refreshed, brand standard sleeping rooms.

However, we’re very sorry about the inconvenience you experienced with our complimentary WiFi during your stay.

Our IHG Rewards member appreciation reception is offered every Wednesday evening in our hotel lobby. We’re glad you enjoyed it and thank you for your loyal business.

The Management & Staff of the Holiday Inn Philadelphia – Cherry Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Wyncote, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were hit pretty hard in Pennsylvania during the ice storm, we lost power for 5 days and I could not find a hotel anywhere in PA. I decided to make the trip to Cherry Hill NJ, with 2 pups in tow. Called the Cherry Hill Holiday INN. It was clean, they loved having the dogs and I felt very safe walking the dogs.AND there is a wonderful selection of stores right across the street.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Travelingpro_8, Manager at Holiday Inn Cherry Hill, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Westiegirl109,

We’re thrilled to hear you were pleased with your stay with us!

We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our hotel amenities and staff.

We strive to "go the extra mile" for you and all of our guests.

We’ll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate department managers to reinforce our continuous commitment to caring for our guests in every way!

We look forward to your return, but on better circumstances…allowing us to serve you again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is one of these business trips, you need to be on the NJ side of the Philly, during one of the coldest days in 2014 (Jan, 2014) -- Windchill probably around -20...

The hotel is up to Holliday Inn standard, the room is clean and well maintained, and the heater works well:)

Pro: convenient location, good value, and clean rooms
Con: nothing really -- not a tourist spot; note: doing a left turn is a little tricky, if you are 100% following the traffic law...

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear SiqingWei

We are very happy we were able to exceed all your expectations during your recent stay with us.

We greatly appreciate your recognition of our star quality housekeeping team.

We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate managers to reinforce our continuous commitment to care for you and for all of our guests in every way!

We hope you’ll return, allowing us to serve you again. Thank you for your business!

P.S. as always, remember to always keep an eye-out for those tricky NJ state
jug handles (lol).

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 6, 2014

More on the toenails shortly....

My boyfriend lives in New Jersey, I live in Maryland. So whenever I visit him, we try to stay at a nice hotel. As Holiday Inn Gold Members we thought Holiday Inn Cherry Hill would be a nice place to stay. We stayed for three nights.

We arrived on Friday. It had snowed Monday. Pop question: If it snowed Monday and we arrived Friday night why was the entire parking lot an ice rink causing me to almost slip and fall? It didn't look like they had plowed. This made me feel as though they don't care or are just lazy.

This hotel is attached to a bar. We stayed on the third floor. The windows are so thin that you can hear people outside from the third level! My boyfriend was awoken 3 out of 3 nights by loud arguing drunk people outside and in the hallway. One of the nights I was awoken by security banging in the door of a nearby guest.

Lastly the toenails. Yes. There were actuallya previous guests toenails on the arm of the couch. It was disgusting. The sink had dried dirt in the cracks. Also the bed sheets had a moldy odor.

I will say the hotel staff seemed pretty friendly. However if you want a good night sleep in a clean hotel, you're better off checking out one of the other numerous hotels nearby. Especially in neighboring Marlton and Mount Laurel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TracyVegan
Travelingpro_8, Manager at Holiday Inn Cherry Hill, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Tracy,

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit with us.

Here at the Holiday inn Philadelphia – Cherry Hill, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations.

Although your experience is not typical of our hotel, you are correct, the chain-of-events you experienced are in-excusable. Our Housekeeping manager has been notified regarding your noted concern and a housekeeping staff “coaching moment” session will be scheduled to address your findings followed by corrective action steps.

We deeply value your business and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because you deserve the very best.

If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at 856.663.5300.

Thank you again for your feedback so that we may improve.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for the past 6 years for an annual meeting that is held a larger hotel down the street. The staff is absolutely great, and the renovated rooms are a pleasure. The only thing that ruined it this stay the first part of November, was that very late on a Saturday night, very early Sunday morning, some joker set off the fire alarm, and everyone had to run outside. Though it was a false alarm, people were smoking pot in there room, which I could smell.

I did not appreciate that at all, and should have voiced my displeasure when I checked out, but I slept in because of it, and had to rush to my meeting then the airport

At this time, I did make another reservation for this coming November in hopes that nothing like this will happen again

Hotel is in a great location for shopping, groceries, restaurants or whatever you may need

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the train tracks!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Travelingpro_8, Manager at Holiday Inn Cherry Hill, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Zenith4301,

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay over.

Although false fire alarms are never avoidable, the added inconvenience caused to you by your neighboring room guest is inexcusable. Please know we have zero tolerance for any illegal activities on our grounds. Had we been made aware of the situation, without hesitation, we would have investigated and dismissed the guest(s) from our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback so that we may improve. We look forward to your return visit in November.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed January 25, 2014

In order to make my reviews more usable I try to measure in some comparable way things that are important to me (and probably most travelers. The lady at the desk was really superb and that often sets the tone for a good stay in my experience. The internet in our room via wifi was very snappy even though the hotel was full and so there must have been a lot of people on at the same time. I connected to my company's servers with no problem. The water pressure was very good and even my wife had plenty of pressure to wash her curly hair. The rooms were attractive and very clean albeit a little on the small side. The only very minor complaint was the house keeping didn't clean the coffee pot. There's a bar and grill in the lobby that's excellent and they have a really nice deal on happy hour drinks and snacks. They also have live music most evenings. Breakfast was great and reasonably priced but not free.

All in all this was a good stay and I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sailright
Travelingpro_8, Manager at Holiday Inn Cherry Hill, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Sailright,

Thank you for your positive comments! We take great measures to help make you feel right at home when you choose to sleep over. We love to hear you enjoyed your hotel room, our restaurant cuisine, internet service and friendly hospitality.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced in respect to your untidy coffee pot. Our Housekeeping Manager has been notified regarding your concern.

We deeply value your business and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service, simply because you deserve the very best.

Danbury, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff were very careful in accommodating me with the room request I wanted. It is a great value for a 3-star hotel and the breakfast is high quality. I tried the Denver omelet and it was great. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Good breakfast menu.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Travelingpro_8, Manager at Holiday Inn Cherry Hill, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Juan,

We’re thrilled to hear you were pleased with your stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our hotel amenities, warm hospitality and restaurant cuisine.

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return, allowing us to serve you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherry Hill
#1 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
#4 of 28 in Mount Laurel

Been to Holiday Inn Cherry Hill? Share your experiences!