“Rodent Infestation !!”

Holiday Inn Cherry Hill
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Reviewed September 18, 2012

There for a two nite stay. Checked in mid-day and given a first floor room with double beds. In the room about a half hour and see a mouse moving between the beds. Notified the front desk and moved to a room on the sixth floor. I was concern that a mouse would be so bold in broad daylight but decided that perhaps it was an isolated and unfortunate incident. I was wrong. Up early morning watching TV and saw another mouse dart out from behind the dresser in the second room. I notified the front desk again.

In both cases there was no surprise by the front desk and I got the impression it is a problem they are all too familiar with. Clerk provided breakfast vouchers and I was refunded for one night's stay. There was no Manager on duty during my numerous visits to the front desk and no Manager attempted to contact me during my stay. I did not stay the second nite.

A well below average location that should be avoided at all costs if you have to stay in this area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JamesofMD
Travelingpro_8, Manager at Holiday Inn Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business. Your experience is not typical of our newly renovated hotel. We appreciate your feedback so that we can improve. We’ve taken great concern regarding the matter, we immediately notified the proper department to address your concern in its entirety and with satisfactory results. We consider this unwelcomed experience unacceptable and intolerable. We have placed high standards on ourselves and our brand and we will continue to strive to be the best in Cherry Hill, NJ. Thank you again for the feedback and the opportunity to correct the error. We would love to have you back as our guest; I hope you will give us that opportunity.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Cherry Hill

Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a great hotel! Ive never stayed in a holiday inn because of the stigma attached to this hotel. I wound up staying at this hotel because of Hotwire's secret hotel choice. From reading the reviews, I emailed the hotel and requested a room in the higher floor and a room on the side opposite the train tracks (because the previous negative comments were due to noise). I also mentioned that this weekend is the last weekend my husband and I will be together for 9 months before his deployment with the military. The front desk staff were very friendly and our room was updated, clean and a great size. We were greeted with a bottle of champagne and a plate of goodies with a card from the hotel staff. What a surprise! 10 minutes after checking in, we were also greeted on the phone by the front desk to make sure everything was good. We were very impressed! All of the bathroom products are Bath and Body Works, which smelled so good!
The bed was on the soft side and the frame squeaked a bit...but that is only complaint we have.
The hotel is across the street from Wegmans/Cheese cake factory and a 5 minute drive from Cherry Hill Mall.
We will definitely stay again when I come back to visit next year when my husband returns from deployment!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Lynn K
Travelingpro_8, Manager at Holiday Inn Cherry Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

All of us at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia - Cherry Hill strive to "go the extra mile" for our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your reviews about our newly renovated hotel and our personable Front Desk staff. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be communicated to the proper management team. Lynn, please note, we will always have something special reserved for you & hubby as wells as all of our loyal travelers! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

On our first night we saw a mouse in our room. Thinking that I may not have really seen a mouse, I brushed it off and went to bed. When we woke up the next morning the left over scraps from our room service were missing!!!! We called the front desk. They acted truly indifferent and clearly were not surprised. We asked to be moved to another room. Trying to let it go and enjoy the rest of our stay. Tonight we walked in the bathroom to find a ginormous cock roach just sitting on the floor. It was unphased by our presence. The staff remains indifferent and has offered no solutions to the problem. It is after midnight and we have young kids or we would be out of here now. We will be gone first thing in the morning!!! I am definitely calling corporate! This is truly filthy. Unbelievable :/

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank Lisanne2731

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is much appreciated. Clean and spacious sleeping rooms, friendly & helpful staff along with a well-positioned bathrooms and a full service restaurant are just a few of the many wonderful amenities we offer at our newly renovated hotel. Your comments will be forwarded to the proper departments to be addressed to make the next guest’s experience that much better. We would love to have you back; I hope you will give us that opportunity. We look forward to your return. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Unbelievable! Atrocious. I didn't even get in the door and decided to stay home instead because the Front Desk and the Sales Office are totally uncoordinated and disorganized.

On August 30, 2012 the only phone to the hotel was unavailable ALL DAY, and at least part of the previous evening. No helpful message was left for customers. No alternative phone number was given. I was on the phone all day trying to get through. I ended up calling I think Corporate Holiday Inn which eventually (took ages) got Cherry Hill to realize that the phone is causing problems for customers. I could have lived, died and been buried in the time it took to get through to the Front Desk. What a rotten deal!

It didn't get better - Once I got the front desk, I had to call back 4 times because the people they connected me to had machies that stated they would be out of the office from Friday until Tuesday. There is no coordination between the Front Office and the Sales Department. Oblivious is the word that comes to mind. I did leave a detailed message for one the head of sales, was assured he was there and would call me back, and guess what? You got it, he never did. I hope he had a great Labor Day Weekend. I gave up on mine.

My ordeal took two days and here I am sitting at home. Thanks a lot.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank moonriverguy

Thank you for your response. Your experience is not typical of our property. We appreciate the feedback so that we can improve. We continuously strive to be the best in Cherry Hill, NJ. I will forward your comments to the proper staff to address. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed overnight to attend a funeral. Woke up with bug bites all over my body (20+ all over my arms, back and legs). Received a refund for my stay but ended up having to go the doctor to get allergy meds, steroids, antibiotics and cream for the itchiness because the bites were so swollen and painful (infection/allergic reaction possibly). Will definitely not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank AK W

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business. Your experience is not typical of our newly renovated hotel. We appreciate your feedback so that we can improve. We’ve taken great concern regarding the matter, we immediately notified the proper department to address your concern in its entirety and with satisfactory results. Although unavoidable, we consider this unwelcomed experience unacceptable and intolerable. We have placed high standards on ourselves and our brand and we will continue to strive to be the best in Cherry Hill, NJ. Thank you again for the feedback and the opportunity to correct the error. We would love to have you back as our guest; I hope you will give us that opportunity.

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night and It was a great stat. The staff upon check in were great, friendly, and of great assistance. The room was nice and clean and of good space. The bathrooms a not small, but it didn't bother me. I stay in a double bed room and I felt as if the beds were a bit small as well, but again no harm done. I stayed at this hotel while coming in town to go to an Eagles football game and the location was fairly decent, would be great if you didn't have to cross the toll and pay 5 dollars from NJ to Philly. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012

We’re thrilled to hear you were pleased with your recent stay, and that you found value in booking with our newly renovated South Jersey hotel which is located less than 10 miles from Center City Philadelphia attractions. All of us here at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia - Cherry Hill strive to go “the extra mile" for you and all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel! If your traveling plans bring you back to our area, we would love to have you guys back!

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I found this to be a typical Holiday Inn. I have gotten an upgrade the last 2 times I stayed so I did enjoy the fridge/microwave. The rooms are comfortable. The rooms look to have been recently updated with flat screen TVs and bathrooms (glass walls instead of dreaded shower curtains). The front desk was friendly when checking in.

Their gym is pretty good - it has free weights and a variety of aerobic machines.

There is also a Wegman's across the street which has an awesome Market Cafe so it was nice to have be able to heat up and store meals in my room thanks to the room upgrade.

As a frequent business traveler, it definitely meets the needs and I will continue to stay here on my future trips.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank QueenCityTravels

Thank you for your kind review! It's always nice to hear such positive comments coming from one of our Priority Rewards members. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff to reinforce our commitment to taking care of our guests in every way!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherry Hill
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
#4 of 28 in Mount Laurel

Been to Holiday Inn Cherry Hill? Share your experiences!