“A Pleasant Surprise”

Silver Diner
Ranked #18 of 252 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
New Jersey
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I visited the Silver Diner for a quick dinner after a shopping excursion at the Cherry Hill Mall expecting a burger joint, but upon perusing the menu I was pleasantly surprised. Looking for something gluten-free? They've got it. Vegetarian? They've got it. Under 600 calories? They've got it. Locally sourced? Yes. But don't worry, the expected comfort foods and burgers are there too. Hubby and I ordered dinner entrees which came with a choice of soup or salad. We both chose the green salad with citrus vinaigrette and it was delicious. Hubby enjoyed a turkey dinner. He was pleased that it came with a light brown gravy instead of the diner-standard thick yellow turkey gravy. I enjoyed my shrimp scampi as well. Everything tasted fresh and was delicious. I won't hesitate to return.

• Visited June 2013

“Fun place to you”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A place with a lot of good food selections for adults and kids. Quality of food and services is a cut above the normal diners in the area. The perfect place for a late night snack or late night dinner. A fun meeting place for an early bunch or meeting.

• Visited May 2013
Maple Shade, New Jersey
“Sliders”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wow, the waitress gave us two coupons for free entrees because we had to wait too long for our Salmon Sliders without us saying anything. That is unusual around Cherry Hill.

Visited April 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“A healthy diner!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

If you haven't been to Silver Diner in a while, you should really try it again. They now focus on local produce, fresh meat (bison is very good!) and healthy choices! Usually when a diner is suggested I cringe because healthy options are not plentiful. Silver Diner is the opposite! Lots of healthy and tasty choices! They even have "healthy" dessert options which is always appreciated. I had a flounder dish with peach salsa, veggies and rice with edamame - really good! My daughter ordered off the kid's menu and was able to order salmon with a side of veggies and mashed potatoes. You don't find that on any other kid's menu!
They have a great burger menu where you have a choice of beef, turkey, bison or black bean patty and toppings to personalize - yum. And lots if great ice cream options for dessert.
The only thing that bothers me is the kid's always beg to play the jukebox at the table and the music kind of invades the booth. I prefer the music to be ambient rather than in my space. But that's just a minor thing as if you don't have kids you can always turn the sound down or off.

1 Thank Lisa H
Westmont, New Jersey
“Service (or Lack of) Bring This Place Down”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

After a morning of medical tests, I took my elderly Mom (90yrs) for a nice breakfast. The other reviews here at Trip Adviser say service is great here. We were immediately greeted and seated. Because of the morning's tests, neither of us has our morning coffee. Well, apparently the Silver Diner also wanted us to fast because we were then ignored for 15 minutes before a waitress came to our table. Isn't this a diner? Shouldn't we have had our coffee within a minute or two of being seated? Our breakfast was just okay. I really like that this establishment concentrates on the whole "farm to table" approach to healthier eating. They have plenty of healthy alternatives such as chicken sausage, bison quevos rancheros, turkey bacon, etc. We both ordered eggs over medium (stressing "no snot/overly runny eggs") and got barely cooked eggs. Pancakes were heavy and served with less than a teaspoon of butter for two large pancakes. On the plus side, the chicken sausage was very tasty and Mom's bacon was cooked perfectly. We were never approached after getting our meal. No one came to see if everything was okay; no one asked if we wanted more coffee (although they do have wonderfully large mugs). Apparently, we were not the only ones being ignored - a woman from another table had to get up and approach the counter to ask for her check, making the comment that she "hadn't seen her waitress since getting her meal". Maybe management should take the time to train/retrain their staff.

• Visited March 2013