“Avoid!”

Vitarelli's Restaurant
Ranked #147 of 254 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Philadelphia Magazine Best Pizza Award Winner - 1990, 1995, 1999Food is love...that's why we think there is no better way to celebrate with family & friends than with our award winning cuisine. Vitarelli's has set the standard in the greater S. Jersey/Phila. area for exceptional, beautiful food & personalized serviceGeneral InformationCombining years of experience in food and design, we offer you service and cuisine of exceptional taste and beauty. We set the standard in personal service, presentation and of course... Fabulous Food.Original ideas, a team with decades of experience together and a passion for a good party makes us experts at creating your event with style and grace. We are ready to handle all of the details of your big event with delicious style from start to finish.
“Avoid!”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Vitarelli's has been around for many many years. Growing up it was one of the few places around to eat. Now that the restaurant world has exploded, there are many great dinning places to eat in Cherry Hill. And vitarelli's has fallen off the map.
First it's tucked away, behind a gas station. The entire restaurant is in need of a serious overhaul. The dinning room, as well as the utensils, are out dated, worn, and dirty. Never busy, and very awkward to be one of the only ones eating there. The "sun room", the only renovation done to the place in YEARS, sits next to an old, broken up parking lot, and staring at the library.
The food is editable, but not memorable. Average food, no love or care given to the food.
My advice to Mr.Vitarelli, 30 years ago you guys were popular, now with an abundance of restaurants, and more educated customers, your restaurant needs to be changed, drastically! The older, return customers won't keep your business a float. Change everything, the decor, the food, the interior and exterior. Wake up and realize you aren't the only Italian restaurant in the area anymore. Watch a couple episodes of Kitchen Nightmare with Gordon Ramsey. And realize where your business is going to end up. I keep telling locals, vitarelli's will not be around much longer.

, Owner at Vitarelli's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Chuck 827,

I am so sorry for your negative experience at our restaurant. My name is Christina Vitarelli and I used to run the Pennsauken Country Club, which had an outstanding reputation. I have recently taken over managing our Cherry Hill location. In the past couple weeks we have renovated the dining room and the banquet room. The entire place has been cleaned and we have brought the chef over from the country club. He has created an entirely new menu. I would love to treat you and three of your guests of choice to dinner for four on us. The new menu will be in effect at the end of this month. If you are interested in coming back and having dinner on us, please forward your name and mailing address to sales@vitarellis.comcastbiz.net.
Once again, I am so sorry for your negative experience and I hope to hear from you soon.
Christina Vitarelli

Moorestown, New Jersey
“Boring...”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Got a deal on Groupon for this place. Unfortunately, boring is the best word that comes to mind. There is no ambiance....the enclosed porch overlooks a parking lot. The pizza, cheese fries and broccoli stromboli were all edible but nothing going back for. I needed to ask for marinara sauce to dip the stromboli in because it was dry and like I said, boring. My boyfriend only ate the meat and cheese off of his pizza.

• Visited July 2011
Calabash, North Carolina
“great food, great atmosphere, great staff”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We have been going to this family owned Italian Restaurant for years...we just love it, we have only had really good food...they totally treat you with respect and like a friend...highly recommended to anyone of all ages!

• Visited June 2011
Chery Hill, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful experience, BEWARE of Vitarellis!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I ordered 2 entrees at 7pm on a Sunday and was told it would be here in 40 minutes. After an hour and a half of waiting, I called in to find out where my food was at. I was offered no excuse or explanation, simply "It will be there any second". At 9pm my food showed up, cold, and 2 hours late. The driver told me he had trouble finding the place. Seriously? I was offered nothing in return for the hassle and because of that I will never eat here again. It's a shame because we have eaten here before on several occasions but after this crappy experience I won't give them anymore business.

1 Thank richards111
“The restaurant is in need of a makeover...”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The restaurant is in need of a makeover but more importantly, a good through cleaning is first in line. Carpet was sticky and in need of a vacuum, as crumbs & debris was visible from our table. Tablecloths were wrinkled and silverware tarnished. The food (pizza) was tasty but that is even subjective given one's personal dining experiences & taste. The best part of the meal was the service as the waitress was cheery & attentive.
Would recommend take-out as the ambiance is drab, stale & outdated.

1 Thank MichiBB2_