“Great Food......Wonderful Service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just wanting to find a relaxed place for dinner early and get a drink with good food. Never had been to Top Dog, but it was a good experience. All items ordered, were very good. Our server was wonderful ......no problems with this restaurant.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

...to being as good a place for watching UFC, football, or whatever sporting event is what you and the boys are into. Personally, my friends and I go there for the UFC events and have been there for over a dozen separate events over the past 12 months.

The waitresses and the food keep us coming back. We've gone enough times to have gotten to know a few of them personally, so it just increases the enjoyment level when we get there since someone recognizes you and is appreciative of your return. We don't spend tons of $$ there but the staff does appreciate the regulars that come in for various sporting events. The waitresses know exactly how to be nice to customers and the managers there are always coming around to make sure everything is well taken care of for the patrons.

The food is really excellent for a sports bar and I'm partial to the bangin' shrimp while my good friend loves the bbq burger. The pizza there is hand-tossed, thin, and crispy just the way I love it. We've honestly never had a bad meal or bad service in all the times we've been there.

Ask for Amanda when you go and she will take good care of you while you enjoy whatever event you are there to see.

Luckily the dancing takes place on the upper floor away from the sports bar section, but they must do well because when we are leaving @ 12AM there is still a stream of people coming into the bar to head upstairs to the club. Not my scene... but it may be yours.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I use to love the Top Dog environment however I notice that the upstairs venue on Saturday night does have a strict dress code that seems to fluctuate at the discretion of the guys working the door. I'm a grown professional male and I will fairly say that if you are a younger male and let alone a minority especially African American make sure you travel there with multiple selection of clothes in your car of different types and sizes. I drove up there from Delaware last night and me and a friend of mine were each turned around for clothing garments that WERE NOT on their dress code standard list that was read to me when I called the establishment the following day. I was turned around for having on a novelty/graphic tee!!! Are you kidding me?? Last I checked, this is summer time and people of all cultures and socioeconomical classes wear graphic/novelty Tees. After explaining this to the lady on the phone she told me that it is suggested to wear polo, collared, button up shirts if you plan on going upstairs. Funny thing is that I probably am of a higher earning class than 85% of the patrons who visit that establishment, but am subject to DISCRETIONARY discrimination at the door for the upstairs venue and mind you that the more crowded it is, the more they nick pick.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We were up stairs and the thing that was gross was the floor was so sticky that i came out of my shoe not once but twice. Replace the carpet and get rid of that smell from spilled beer. The food was ok...the shrimp were good but the cheese steak was not that good Greasy at best.

Jerry ehrlich from the great city of philadelphia

1  Thank Jerry E
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I wanted to run out for a quick meal. Top Dog is listed in US Airs Dividend Dining program which earns 5 miles per dollar for dines thru March 31. So off we went expecting to get typical bar appetizers, a burger and a beer. The restaurant could use a little sprucing up and the menu is very limited as far as entrees are concerned. I was informed that they are expanding the entree menu by April. The manager, Anthony stopped by our table and suggested the sesame crusted Ahi Tuna, something I would never consider ordering in this type of place. But I did. How surprised (shocked) when this beautifully presented platter arrived. The Ahi was to die for, as well as the jasmine rice, and tempura asparagus, eggplant and zucchini. Our server Amanda was very informative and suggested we try the Chinatown chicken next time. Wednesday from 5:00 is half price entree night. and Thursday is $5 burger night. Two dollar beers are also available and there is a complementary buffet at happy hour 5-7.