“The service made our visit enjoyable.”

Ponzio's Diner-Bakery-Bar
Ranked #15 of 269 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: American, Diner, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I been coming to Ponzios for many years.Alot of things have changed our service was getting worse every time we came,which had been lessening our visits.So we decided to go for dinner Saturday it was very busy and there was a short wait.We almost changed our mind and left,Then kelly who was very nice, sat us.Then our waitress promptly came and greeted us.Brought us our drinks right back and took our order,As i said it was very busy so we knew there would be a wait ,but Ester came over made sure our drinks were full and let us know she was on top of our needs .Very nice young women made our visit pleasant and enjoyable,I will be back sooner to enjoy another diner .Also we did enjoy the food that night.actually over all our visit was enjoyable,and compared to the last few visits before that we almost stop coming .If our service stays as it was Saturday we will continue to be back.
A very pleased customer

1  Thank doctorrandle

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have going to Ponzio's since I was a little kid (that's decades ago) and it's still one of the best restaurants (it's hard to call a place with such a varied menu, where the food is always good, a "diner") around. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, the food is consistently good or better (consider the fried oysters, the mashed potatoes, and the incredible cheese rolls, for example). You won't ever go wrong eating at Ponzio's; to the contrary, you will almost certainly "go right."

1  Thank Delco_Traveler
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to lunch at Ponzio's in Cherry Hill since we were in the area. We arrived around 11:30 AM on Friday which was just before the majority of the lunch crowd arrived. Our waitress, Valerie, was very pleasant. There were a couple issues with our lunch order when it came out which she promptly & pleasantly resolved.

I had the Turkey Sandwich & my husband had the Turkey Reuben. Both came with French Fries & we asked for Turkey Gravy on the side. My husband also had the chicken noodle soup which he enjoyed (seemed to be homemade). We enjoyed our lunch & we each took home half of our sandwiches. It was good.

We stopped by the Bakery counter on the way out & got some cookies, a cherry Hamentashen, and a Red Velvet Cupcake to go. I liked the icing on the Red Velvet cupcake better than I've had there previously (not as heavy / rich an icing as before), although the cake was not as good as before. The Hamentashen was good. However, the butter cookies (lemon & raspberry) were not good (dry & not rich nor a good flavor). It seems like there's been a change in the bakery selection & in the items we got.

When in the Cherry Hill area, we would go back to Ponzio's.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Everything here is made on premises. Breakfast is average, lunch and dinner well above average. Yes, a little pricey, but not overpriced for the quality you get.
It is family owned, and always an owner on location.
Must try the homemade soups, especially chicken okra and tomato ravioli.
Chicken pot pie is the best around, stuffed peppers are also great. I liked the blackened chicken. On Friday you can get to with stewed tomatoes and baled macaroni and cheese.
Coffee and iced teas are much better quality than you will get anywhere else. High quality steaks. Best bread basket in South Jersey. Skip the cakes and go for the pies!
Oh, and the cleanest diner you will find.
Skip the fancy chain restaurants and try this place.

1  Thank R D
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I wen here and got and extremely expensive burger and three kids meals total bill 50 bucks. When I wrote them a letter they sent me a gift certificate for 50. Used that for breakfast and still had to go in the pocket for breakfast for 4

1  Thank 60795George