“Jersey to it's core”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

There is something to be said about Jersey Diners. But it is difficult to put in words! Go to any other diner in any other state and you end up with a Denny's-like clone (ack!) But Jersey Diners are are special places. No matter what you order, the food always tastes like someone in the kitchen is a family member who cooked the platter just for you. And just like home...there is always too much on your plate. That would be enough to distinguish the Jersey Diner, but what takes them over the top (and REALLY distinguishes one Jersey Diner from the next) is the bakery and the quality of the baked goods (including the breads and rolls).

Ponzio's soars on all the accounts above. My family and I have been going there as long as I can remember. I frequently take business associates and clients there for long breakfasts. The waitstaff is always attentive and knows when business is discussed, they will not rush you.

To conclude, let me throw out these five more words. Don;t leave Pozio's without uttering them to your server:

Cheese rolls
Chicken pot pie

Reviewed January 7, 2013

There is decent service here. There are a lot of people during the breakfast/brunch hour. It is usually really busy. A lot of friends and families come here. Good for all ages and sizes.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My whole family loves Ponzio's. The fish dishes are delicious and not "fishy". The salads have a lot of stuff on them. Always left overs since the portions are huge, but the quality is still there. They accept call ahead so never a long wait. Desserts are excellent. Good for a night out with friends or an easy place to take the kids.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Friends of our took us to Ponzios Restaurant and this was our time. We really liked it. The Christmas decorations looked really great and welcoming. There was a line to get in but we were seated in about 10 minutes. The food was good and the portions are large. I had the seafood scampi which consisted of lump crab meat (excellent), shrimp, and scallops. I could not finish it all and could not take it home since we were going to see a movie. The rolls and bread looked really good, but I had no room for them. The house salad was very tasty. I think it's pricey for a diner, but worth it since the food is so good. I would go there again.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We arrived on a Saturday night at 6:30, there was a wait for a table. The place is huge, the bakery cases as you enter are amazing! HUge selection of food. I had the crab cakes, best I have ever had. Portions are huge, kids meal came with a choice of a cookie (huge), a cupcake again huge or ice cream. I will be going back for my anniversary dinner with my husband, it was that good!