“Good food and service, somewhat pricey”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #61 of 252 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Good food and service, somewhat pricey”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our group of eight were comfortably seated for lunch in a few minutes. The manager was especially friendly as was the wait staff. The salads, sandwiches and pizza were very good. The ambience was relaxing, the sound level was reasonable. The prices were about ten percent higher than places with similar food. All in all, I would not rush back.

• Visited June 2013

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Tasty pizza, but pricey”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

One advantage of this place is their in-house bar. They have a good selection of specialty pizza to choose from, but you are going to be paying at least 10 dollars per individual pizza. Their is a modern, relaxed atmosphere, and most of the staff are friendly and efficient. They offer salad as well, for those trying to watch their carbs in this carb-friendly restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
central nj
“Too bad this chain is not as good as it used to be...”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

So the last time I was at CPK it was many moons ago at the Paramus, NJ, location. I was pretty excited to eat at one again when I was in Cherry Hill, NJ, but it earned a big NEGATIVE. The decor is uninspiring, as is the food. The menu is so-so. The problem is that everything we ordered was either bland (pasta dish), undercooked (pizza), soggy (salad)...and OMG could they spare the bread?!? In any event, I looked forward to eating at this chain again, but it is NOTHING like it used to be. Shape up CPK!

• Visited April 2013
Freehold, New Jersey
“Bring the kids what a surprise!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First...its just a beautiful place to eat. It looks up scale when you first walk in. BUT....the manager greeted us and it got better from there. Our grandson and he bonded and it was up from there. They have kids pizza's that the kids actually make themselves. Which was good because we had time to talk and catch up with our daughter while he perpared his own dinner. And when his pizza came out it was great. He even ate the crust. Our (adults) pizza was ammazing. I had a cocktail that was perfectly made. Wait staff were unbelievable. If your reading this put California Pizza on your list.....oh and by the way....MUCH MORE THAN JUST PIZZA.....THE MENU WAS SURPRISINGLY FULL WITH GREAT DINNERS. Have fun and bring the kids.

Visited April 2013
Cherry Hill, NJ
“What a night”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arrived approx 5pm. We were seated in 5 minutes. We were never approached by a wait person. Finally, after a period of 30 minutes I asked the hostess to please find a waiter. She never did. After another 15 minutes I was able to flag down an Asst Mgr who took our order. My party consisted of 2 adults and 2 children, ages 6 and 8 who were thirsty and hungry. We thought if we got to the restaurant before the heavy dinner crowd there would not be a problem. Usually, the service and food are good but on this night it was atrocious It took 1 hr to get water from the time we were seated. Then a waiter cane over apologizing that he did not know it was his table. I asked for the children's drinks to be brought out immediately and for their food to be placed on high priority. Their pasta dishes finally arrived after another 15 minutes. My husbands pizza and my salad arrived another 10 minutes after that. The pizza was cold. My salad was good. We were seated at a table near the revolving door and it was quite cold out and we had to wear our coats to eat. If we did not have our children with us, we would have left within the first 25 minutes, but it was cold and we did not want to move them around. Finally, another mgr came over and apologized and comped our check. My husband will NEVER go back. What a night!