“Worth a Try”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Amici

Amici
Reserve with OpenTable
Amici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 252 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fine dinning restaurant
Philadelphia, PA
“Worth a Try”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We did not have a bad experience at Amici but very little of our meal was memorable. That said, the prices are very fair for the portions that are served and there is nothing wrong or bad with the food preparation. Other than the white bean soup, which was rich in taste and flavor, nothing that we ate would make us drive just to dine here. My mussels were of decent portion but the red sauce in which they were served didn't have any distinct taste or flavor. Likewise, my veal was a generous portion, particularly or the ~$17 price, but the picante-style preparation was just so-so. The same is said regarding the preparation of the fish my wife had, very nice portion but lacking on any memorable taste. You can definitely find worst Italian restaurants in the area and absolutely those that charge more for equal or lesser portions, so we suggest this place is worth a try - it may work for you. If we happen to be in the area and hungry for Italian, we would probably give this restaurant another try. I agree with others' comments on the service, ours was very attentive as well. This is one of the few BYOBs I have been to where they wanted to pour your wine and didn't let your glass get empty.

I suggest they add some light curtains as the large glass windows face the parking lot and you can be blinded when car lights are turned on. Also, watch the tables in the flow of the front door during the winter, the cold air drafts over you if you are seated in alignment with the door.

• Visited January 2013

Westmont, New Jersey
“Could a South Jersey Italian restaurant finally be getting it right? Balanced flavors!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am very picky about Italian restaurants, and rarely approve of any in North America. Seems like an Italian restaurant cannot survive here unless every dish is drowning in garlic and heavy spices. I have been to Italy, and garlic is not used there in the amounts thrown on food here. So, it took my family several months to persuade me to visit Amici.
I was glad I did, and if Amici remains consistent, I will visit again. The only sauce visibly popping with garlic slices was the side sauce for the calamari appetizer. The calamari itself was an uneven dish, with some rings very tender but others stringy and overdone. Breading was crisp and not too thick.
The salads were themselves worth the visit! I had a beet salad that was a huge serving of beets with a mild goat cheese. In most beet salads, the tangy goat cheese overpowers the beets, but this one did not. Neither did the dressing. Their chopped endive and hearts of palm salad with shaved parmesan was perfectly balanced with a light touch of dressing.
I ordered the wild mushroom ravioli. I expected pasta squares with a smear of filling, but these were huge, chewy ravs with a bulging pocket of mushrooms! The sauce was a very tasty--no visible garlic--and did not overpower the mushrooms.
What Amici seems to get right that other Italian restaurants miss is a subtle balance of flavors in their cooking. In each dish, the ingredients that should shine did, without being overtaken by garlic or balsamic vinegar or dried oregano.
My other guests had the penne with vodka sauce, which was plain but very tasty (again, a smooth sauce that didn't leave a bitter taste) and cod. The fish was fresh and came with a potato side. My only complaint is the room itself. I like small, intimate restaurants, and Amici is too open with too many tables placed just a bit too close together. The food begs for an intimate room with candlelight. Service was prompt and efficient.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DBFX
philadelphia
“Splendid meal!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had dinner at Amici for the first time last week and am returning tonight. The food was wonderful, atmosphere comfortable and staff was friendy. there were four of us and none of us had any complaints. I had the flounder and it was delicate and delicious. What a great addition to restaurants in Cherry Hill.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food at unbelievable great prices”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were very impressed with Amici Restaurante. The food was fresh, delicious and we could not believe the prices. They also had a 20 oz steak for $25.00 which was wonderful.

silver spring
“Terrific new restaurant”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

On a visit to Cherry Hill, I went with friends to this new restaurant. I hope it succeeds. Service was excellent and the food was terrific. Bring your own wine - they don't serve alcohol.

They started us off right away with excellent bread, followed by very good appetizers. For dinner, I had the veal with mushrooms in a marsala sauce. The veal was tender and the sauce flavorful without being overwhelming.

Prices are very reasonable and the quantity of food was very good for the price. Only one question - why does an Italian restaurant serve mashed potatoes as the side dish, and not pasta?