“Delicious food and attentive service”
Review of Grand Lux Cafe

Grand Lux Cafe
Ranked #12 of 269 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A world of food awaits at Grand Lux Cafe featuring internationally inspired cuisine.Located at the Cherry Hill Mall, facing Route 38 between Macy’s and Nordstrom.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had a very enjoyable family dinner. They have a large menu to order from. I started with a mini lux salad- tasty and fresh, our daughter had a mini cheese pizza. For entree my daughter and I each ordered the pan roasted chicken breast - it came with vegetables and mashed potatoes. The serving was very generous. My husband had pasta with chicken, tomato and mushrooms. Also a very generous portion. The entrees took awhile to come. Our server did try to keep on top of it. We shared the deep dark fudge cake- a huge slice of cake. I had coffee. Since the food took longer than expected the manager was nice enough to not charge us for dessert or coffee(he did this on his own). I would definitely eat here again when in the area.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

A friend took me here during Happy Hour and we had a great time. I liked the decor and enjoyed the friendly bartender. The atmosphere is good for a date night as well if you wanted to hang out at the bar with friends.

I was really enjoying the $5 selection offered for food and drinks. Many choices and I must say really good. We sampled the edamame, spring rolls and the empanadas. I have to come back to try the many other selections.

Great place to add to list of fun places to hang on a budget....

2  Thank PhillyShaney
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Made a visit to the Grand Lux Cafe with the familiy during a post holiday visit to the Cherry Hill Mall. The Grand Lux Cafe is located outside the Mall facing Rt. 38, just outside the doors to H&M. It was crowded, which was not a surprise, but we did have reservations for a party of 12 and we were seated on time with no waiting. Did not see any round tables. Would have preferred a large round table as it was not possible to easily communicate with family members at the end of the table.

The menu is more than sufficient and there is a bar. I did not order alcohol but others in our party did. Pricing was what you would expect for the area. The portions were reasonable and you have the option to get a salad with your sandwich meal versus fries. What a good option. I didn't miss the fries at all and would highly suggest the salad as the dressing what just about perfect, a little sweet, but not too sweet. They do use more salad dressing than I normally do, but it did not overwhelm the salad. I had the Turkey Burger and to be honest, it was not what I was expecting and was also pleasantly surprised. Others in our party had varied items including Club sandwiches, fish, chicken Sandwiches and no one had a negative comment. Some could not finish their portions.

Apparently the restaurants outside the Cherry Hill Mall (at least the ones I saw facing Rt. 38) offer Valet car parking. I did not take this option. Parking in regular parking spots was impossible and was a bit difficult to navigation through the lanes. Valet parking had "plenty" of open spaces. I believe the Valet parking is free, just tip the valet person, but if you plan to stay at the mall, park elsewhere and avoid this area during peak times.

I would go there again and try them with a smaller crowed. Did not see many young children there. The crowed did seem a bit more upscale, but our party had young kids in there and they do have a kids menu. If in the area, the Grand Lux is worth a first time visit.

1  Thank Phlsportsfan
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We started with Crispy Calamari, Duck Triangles and Brie Wontons from the Minis, Bites and Tapas menu. We both loved the Calamari and the Duck Triangles (the sauce was excellent as well). My girlfriend loved the Brie Wontons (I am not a fan of brie). She had the Chili-Lime Chicken and Mango Salad as her meal. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I ordered the Double-Cheese Mini Sliders (from the Appetizers Menu). The name is literal. It is double cheese…not a double burger. There were four of them and they were great. We followed up with Beignets and Peach Cobbler for dessert. The Beignets were good, although I make them better. The Peach Cobbler was also pretty good. Again, I make it better. Oh! Their napkins shed on everything. My girlfriend and I ended up with napkin sheddings on our jeans, my sweater and in my beard. But the food and the service (thanks Gina) made up for the napkins :).

Reviewed November 18, 2013

...it was not bad, at ALL. I dont normally do chains of this size, or similar. I know they put a little more attention to the details and ingredients (or so they claim), and the menu IS fun. So, I accepted my friends idea to have a bite here before some mall errands. I was in a burger mood, so instead of trying one of their more exciting entrees, I did opt for the Woodhouse (??) burger. No doubt, it was tasty. The small side portion of greens was actually wonderful - that lovely, "real" blend of simple olive oil, herbs and balsamic. My friend got chicken tacos which looked great, if not on the petite side. But .. overall we had just enough before our Mall trip, and the bill was priced right. I would've expected it to be much pricier, but it was right on track. The ambiance was nice for a place of this stature, with a visually impressive bar and warm, cozy lighting. Loud? Yes, but again – in this type of restaurant that's a given. Always busy, always buzzing. I think I would even go back to try an entree, as long as I'm already in the area ... and want to give it another shot! Not bad!