“Absolutly Disgusting!”

Inn of the Dove
Ranked #1 of 1 Cherry Hill B&B and Inns
“Absolutly Disgusting!”
Reviewed February 25, 2006

My wife and I went for our 5th anniversary and we were extremely unhappy right from the start. It first started with wilted roses and filthy comforters. Then the next day we left by 7:00 in the morning to go out for day and returned by 4:00 that afternoon. When we stepped into the room, not one single thing was cleaned up nor did we have fresh towels. The housekeepers finally came to us with fresh towels and to tell us that they didn't think we wanted our room clean. They told us they were off soon and would not have time to clean our room. We called the office to complain and the manager said our room should have been cleaned since we were there for more than one night. We left again and came back and our room was finally cleaned. However, they took all of the soaps away, took off our top bed sheet, and that is just a few of the inconveniences. I went to the office only to receive verbal abuse and profanity. I just asked her to help us out and she told me that if she had more problems with us she was going to call the police!!! I have no idea how a large company like this could ever treat their guests!?!? This resort had no customer service and as far as I am concerned, I will NOT recommend this place to anybody! Absolutly disgusting!! Thanks a lot Inn of the Dove.

• Stayed February 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed January 30, 2006

My husband and I spent one night last weekend in a swimming pool suite. I had read the other reviews here, so we checked it out before we made the reservation. Apparently, there is a new owner and management in the past few months. They are replacing the jacuzzi's, carpet and countertops. Yes, it needs work and some is a little outdated. But, they seem to be working on it, and we had a very nice time together (away from the kids). It certainly is cheaper and a shorter drive than the Poconos. BUT, if you are going here for a honeymoon....probably not the best choice.

Stayed January 2006
5 Thank wildtiger81
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed January 18, 2006

The rooms need some work! First they should make the rooms non-smoking because I bed cover had cigarette burns. The remote control didn’t work with the TV, so my husband went to the front desk to exchange it and the new one out of the box didn’t work either. The bubble jets didn’t work that well in the Jacuzzi. When I turned on the shower, the knob almost came out of the wall. The room smelled. It wasn’t a very romantic night.

Stayed January 2006
3 Thank ScubaCF

Travelers are raving about these Cherry Hill hotels

Reviewed July 27, 2005

My husband and I decided to spend our wedding night here and it was horrible. We booked a honeymoon suite and it was really dirty and outdated. We couldn't even walk in the bathroom with out shoes on!!!! The tile was broken, the drain had no cover over it, and one side didn't work. We were very dissapointed that we spent that much money on a dive!!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed July 2005
19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2005

I had planned out a night at the Inn of the Dove with my wife for our 13th anniversary. We have four children so one night alone was a big deal to both of us. Her mother watched our kids that night (so our baby sitting fee was low - a little love :)

The accomodations were ok, very similar to staying at a 1 or 2 star hotel with the exception of a large tub. I had wanted to stay in the larger swimming pool suite that was prominently displayed on their website, but when I got there I found out that the room was under repair. No matter, we stayed in a smaller suite and enjoyed our night....

Until at 2:30am the large 12" diameter red fire alarm rang and woke us both up with a scare! Quickly we dressed and searched the room. Everything appeared to be ok. I walked a few blocks to the motel office to discover the sounds and lights of firetrucks. Apparently one of the adjacent rooms had a small fire. We both were very alarmed by this, so we packed our things and left. The night manager understood our frustration and assured us of a refund.

Since that time I have contacted and left 6 distinct messages asking the manager Jody to contact me. She has not done so and I'm afraid that the money spent for nothing despite the fact that our anniversary was ruined.

I realize that problems can occur and things may go wrong, but I would hope that this motel would take a moment to make things right. Any other motel would have had a trained staff who understands how to handle these matters and perhaps would have invited us back for free. I'm not asking for this as I will never again stay at the Inn of the Dove, but the courtesy of returning a phone call is all that is asked.

• Stayed May 2005
24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2005

My husband and I were celebrating our seventh anniversary, and we wanted it to be a night of passion and enjoyment, so we chosed to spend a romantic night at the INN OF THE DOVE. When we arrived, we stop into the front desk to pick up the key to our suite (The Honey moon suite). we were filled with the expectations of having a romantic quite evening, that would include a little soft music (Luther Vandross),but to our surprise the CD player in our suite was not working at all, my husband spent hour and a half trying to figure out why the CD player would not work. We then decided to call the front desk, but our phone was not in working order either, so we had to drive to the front desk and bring to the attention of the manager that was on duty. She did apoligize for the CD player not working by moving us to another suite. My husband and I go back to the first suite and gather our belongings and then proceed to the new suite. When we arrived in the new suite, again we could not get the CD player to work . I had to go back to the front desk to return the first key we had, and I mentioned to them again that the Cd player in the new suite was not working at all. The manager then said to me that nonel of the stero systems in the suites are workingat all. She offered to call the repair man to come in and look at the problem. We feel that mangement should check to see if the suites are prepared for all guest to check in, so that this sort of thing does not inconvience the guest. We felt inconvience because we had to switch suites twice, and to no avail the CD player still did not work.

• Stayed March 2005
26 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 28, 2005

On Feb. 19, 2005 I was married and made a reservation for the Inn of the Dove in Atlantic City. When we arrived at the room we were horrified to find a filthy outside rubber mat greeting us as we stepped into our "honeymoon suite". We found outdated furnishings including cracked and mildewed pink tiles in the shower/sauna room. Worn spots in the jacuzzi with cracked tiles around it. The sheet curtain was held up with a clothes hanger wire. The carpet had multiple worn spots. After realizing that this was not what we imagined, we went to the nearest store to purchase a camera to document this room. We took 27 pictures of the room and decided to check out. After arguing with the girl at the counter we left and went home crying that my wedding night was ruined. I called the manager the next day demanding a refund of the $410 they charged me for one night stay. She rufused so I called the owner. After stating that I was going to send the pictures to the health department I was given a full refund. I would never recommend that even my dog stay at this establishment. It is a disgrace that they get away with staying open and charging the outrageous prices that they charge. I will never get back my wedding night that they ruined, but if one person reads this and decides not to stay there, I will be happy.

• Stayed February 2005
Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill
Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia
Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill

Been to Inn of the Dove? Share your experiences!