“Worst place to stay”
Review of Inn of the Dove

Inn of the Dove
Ranked #1 of 1 Cherry Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Returning from a business trip my husband booked a room for a night away. He checked in at 5pm, set up the room with our things, picked me up and we went back to the room only to find they had given our room out to another couple. Front desk tried to move the other couple and give us the same room, really! Eventually ended up in a room in worse condition then the first. took our things from the first room only to find they had eaten some of our food and burnt the candles down. New room Jacuzzi tub hardly worked, mold in the shower area, towels and wash cloth enough for one person and carpeting covering holes in the floor. Don't waste your time or money room are NOT upgraded and do not look the pictures they show!

Room Tip: Don't bother there is nothing good about this place try Feather Nest Inn right around the corner...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alysonkap123

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I decided to surprise my boyfriend with an anniversary present and it was horrific. Broken tiles. brown scum coming from the barely working jacuzzi. awful smell. holes in the walls door didnt lock. i complained and these people did nothing about it but make excuses. a bag of sour cream and onions chips and a soda in the fridge for refreshments. i almost broke my neck getting into the jacuzzi because the handle was a piece of broken pvc pipe. rooms are just a piece of crap and not worth the money. ruined our anniversay entirely and they refused a refund. im tempted to call the health department!

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank jzgoil
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Not a luxury hotel. Not even a good neighborhood motel. The room looks like it does in the photo but is smaller than it seems. The minute you walk through the door you smell the old musty smell, which we think is mold. Which I thought would be removed with scented candles. My second horror was when I saw the coffee pot still filled with coffee. I was told that there are only three maids for the entire complex and given a heartfelt apology from the maid. When you open the closet to hang your clothes there is a loose nail in the metal stripping that holds the carpet down. The toilet seat was loose in the bath room. There was one small trash can in the kitchen area, none in the bath room. And none big enough to hold any food items for trash. The stocked mini bar consists of two can sodas ( Mountain Dew and Pepsi ) and two bottles of water, a bag of sour cream and onion chips and a bag of cheese twist. The Jacuzzi was hard for us older adults to get into. There were no steps or no handle to hold onto while stepping in. We were given two bath towels, two face clothes and two hand towels. DAHHH, there’s a Jacuzzi in the room don’t I need towels for that or am I supposed to use the one I used when I took my shower? While lying in bed admiring ceiling we noticed a big bug. Luckily he was tall enough to get it and kill it, still don’t know what it was. We were so thrilled instead of staying two nights we stayed one and went back home. When we returned home and removed our clothes from the luggage it still had the musty room smell. OH WOW more than I wanted to bring back.

Room Tip: Go to another facility.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ford19130
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place is is dirty from the floors to the bed in the shower to the sink the room smelled like moth balls and mold. It made me sick to my stomach. And for ether record they switch my room and it was still the same results.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank jnj4ever
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The room was dirty. This place is in need of major repairs. The out side was dirty. The hot tub jets did not all work, only 3 of 6 worked. There was stuff floating in the hot tub even after I cleaned it and then cleaned it again! The wet bar they advertise in the ad had one Pepsi and one mountain dew 12 oz can. Shower light would turn on and off by its self. Tiles broken thru out the room. Just too many things wrong with the room for me to list all. Over all this was a night I would like to forget.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Luckguy001
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We spent a nite was suposed to be a honeymoon suit they messed up my reservation and tryed to give me the eagle room i didnt want.so the room i got had a fireplace you couldnt use and the room wasnt cleaned and payed too much for the room. Never go back there agian!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank judita70404
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed here in cherry hill, and had the room with the pool, it was the worst night, the TV did not work so we only had the radio. we used the fire place and in the middle of the night the room filled up with smoke if we did not wake up in time we would not be here today, the smoke alarm did not go off and it should have. we later saw that the smoke alarm was not hook up, and the bath room with the shower were in a different room and there was no heat in there the floor was so cold it hurt your feet so you had to go fast and back to the other room to warm your self. and the morning we saw roaches and the wall I would never go back there. they should refund our money.

Room Tip: don't waste your money there are other place's to go.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia
WoodSpring Suites Cherry Hill
WoodSpring Suites Cherry Hill
#4 of 8 in Cherry Hill

Been to Inn of the Dove? Share your experiences!