“Good 'ol BBQ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Famous Dave's
Ranked #55 of 252 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
pine hill, nj
“Good 'ol BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We were seated quickly and our server was right behind asking for our drink order. Famous Jay our server took our appetizer and food order in a timely order and brought us some kind if homemade chips while waiting for our apps, wings. Wings had great flavor and were moist. For dinner we split a full slab of ribs that came with fries and spicy string beans and one corn muffing. The ribs were by far the highlight of our dinning experience. Done to perfection, the ribs were moist tender and delicious. Famous Jay always refilled our drinks without being asked and also came around a few times making sure everything was ok. A manager came to our table and gave both me and my husband $10.00 gift cards. We did have to wait a little long to get our check, but Famous Jay had his hands full with quite a few tables. Also my husband and I were anxious to get home since we had been on the road since 3 am. So maybe it just seemed longer then what it was. Can't wait to go back and use those gift cards!!

Woodbury, New Jersey
“This is barbecue?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been to Famous Dave's a few times and each time the food got worse. The brisket is dry, as is most of the bbq. I won't be dining there again.

Visited July 2012
Medford, New Jersey, United States
“Disappointed in Dave's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Famous Dave's restaurant appeared clean & was decorated in a rustic cabin decor but the food was just not that tasty. We selected the Two Meat BBQ combos & chose the Texas Beef Brisket & Southern rib tips. Both meat selections had lots of fat in them. Maybe thats how these cuts of meat are supposed to be? I don't know but I didn't like the taste or picking through the fat. The Wilbur beans were described as "Baked beans loaded with smoked pork, brisket, hot link sausage and jalapeño peppers." I didn't taste any jalapeno pepper flavor or any of the described meat flavors.(the beans were also just luke warm). I was sadly disappointed with the lack of flavor in the so called "hell fire" pickles. I didn't taste anything spicy or special about them. Service was on the slow side & our food wasn't that hot temperature wise. Doubt we will ever return to this Famous Dave's.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Upbeat place, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Place was very busy. There was a 20 minute wait for a table. The service was very good; quick and friendly. The ribs were good, but not great. The corn on the cob was soggy,
My husband got the port, which he said was very tasty. The next time I will get the pork. His cole slaw was really good, my baked beans were ok and they gave you a small portion. Overall we did like the place and we will return. PS the chips are too good. Hard to stop eating them before the meal.

• Visited April 2012
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Best Ribs Around!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

My wife and I meet here with some friends for a birthday dinner. We have eaten here a few years ago and have been trying to get back since.

The restaurant is quite large and as a result can get a bit noisy but it adds to the atmosphere. A variety of seating options are avilable The decor is that of a hunting cabin due to the large assortment of meat dishes.

We had reservations so we did not wait long for our table to be ready and our drink order was taken shortly after being seated. Once we ordered our meals arrived in a timely manner.

Anytime I am here I order the full rack of ribs. The ribs are easily the best ribs I have ever eaten and come with a choice of two sides. They have lots of other items that look and smell very good but I have not eaten them.

All the food is reasonably priced, even the drinks. I would recommend this place to any meat lovers. If you love ribs, you'll love Famous Dave's!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!