“Pho Get About It - Terrible! (Updated Review)”
Review of Pho Xinh

Pho Xinh
Ranked #120 of 255 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed October 28, 2013

UPDATE: 10/28/2013

So if I could give Pho Xinh ZERO stars, I would. We've been back a few times since my previous review and the food has been good - the service, as always was not very good.

Tonight - they broke the last straw.

I ordered a Thai Iced Tea (which is a powder mixed with water and milk BTW) and it came out SOUR. The milk was literally sour and the one sip I had was wretched. When I let the waitress know, she whisked it away with the comment that, "It was our last one, I just won't charge you for it.." No apology, no asking if I wanted something else to drink - nada. The couple sitting next to us were also appalled - and literally had their mouths hanging open in disbelief.

The food was not even very good - it seems that they have had a change of chef. The pho broth was very dark brown and heavy with star anise; no balanced flavors. The summer roll was vermicelli heavy and the dipping nước chấm was very, very heavy on the fish sauce (nước mắm) which was just overpowering. I'm still tasting it six hours later.

We also ordered the jasmine grill and the nước chấm was bad with that too - so overall a truly bad experience.

We will not be going back to Phi Xinh. I think they are on their way out...

1  Thank Patrick C
There are newer reviews for Pho Xinh

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Had lemongrass curry and it was delicious. Service is prompt friendly and accommodating. Portions are huge. Would definitely revisit!!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had never stopped in but did sort of on a whim...it was great.
I got a noodle bowl with pork and it was great. Lot's of food and tasted great. I will definately be going back.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have been to Phi Xinh in Voorhees numerous times and have had pretty much the same experience. Great food, fair to bad service.

We had the take out once and as was reflected in another review, it's terrible. Better to eat-in this restaurant.

So the good part is that the pho is very good and most of their other dishes are good as well. The bun (vermicelli), appetizers, other soups and entrees are all good.

Unfortunately, service is an afterthought and perhaps excusable a couple of times but not on a regular basis especially when you have been there enough to be a regular.

Today however, was the straw.

Today, we ordered 2 bowls of Pho, a diet coke and a iced coffee ~ food was great as usual, timely but we then had to ask 3 times for our drinks and 2 tables who came in after us received their drink orders ahead of us even after we inquired about our drinks.
Bad service will kill a restaurant no matter how good the food.

When the drinks finally came out, no apologies even though we said thank you... Truly ignorant.

Close by are Pho Eden and Pho Barclay both of who offer equally tasty pho at reasonable prices with great service - they will be getting our business from now on.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped in on Saturday evening while visiting the area. I was very impressed with the decoration of the place, which was very tastefully done.

We ordered both summer rolls and crispy spring rolls as appetizers (we were starving!), both were very good. I especially enjoyed eating them with what appeared to be a homemade chili sauce, located next to the sriracha and soy sauce on the table. We also tried pho and the lemongrass in chili sauce stir fry --- very nice portions and all tasted good.

There were plenty of staff available to help you. They were attentive to ours and other tables surrounding us, refilling our water and asking if we needed anything.

Please be sure to bring cash with you. As of the time we went, they were only accepting cash, so we had to run by a nearby ATM.