“cool sliders”
Review of Cool Dog Cafe - CLOSED

Cool Dog Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: Brand new restaurant http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/21/1574885/restaurant/Philadelphia/Cool-Dog-Cafe-Cherry-Hill
cherry hill
“cool sliders”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We ordered the tennessee angus burger sliders and the grilled chicken sliders with the grilled peppers and onion toppings. Also ordered both kinds of fries.
and had a buy one get one free coupon. Both were delicious.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank mariefoodie

Philadelphia
“Good service- great for kids”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Took my family of five (10,13,15). They all LOVED the fries. Hot Dog had the great pop and crunch. Awesome selection of sliders.

• Visited November 2011
6 Thank TOB-Philly
Medford, New Jersey
“Hot dogs have come into their own!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My wife and I visited Cool Dog Cafe 2 nights ago. We haven't stopped talking about it and are going back tonight. Too much to write here, but it's just all amazing. My wife had the Thai Satay Hot Dog with peanut sauce,crunchy noodles and more ( can't remember) and I had the Homewrecker Hot Dog. Mine was huge and I almost finished it, but had to take part home. And the fries were fantastic. I think we're addicted. Finally a great hot dog place. They also have other stuff like pulled pork, chicken, etc.

9 Thank James L
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Average Dogs at Gourmet Prices $$$$”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Was very excited to try this new Hot Dog Spot in Cherry Hill. A little confussed when I read about Gourmet and Hot Dog in the same title. The toppings were just above what you would find at any other hot dog stand. The sabretts hot dogs that they used are just like you will find at any hot dog truck. They were deep fried which gives them a little more crunch but all in all a average hot dog with some above average toppings. My BIG issue is with the price 4.50 for a hot dog??? Over $12 dollars for two dogs and a soda??? I wanted to take my family of four in for lunch but $60 for a hot dog lunch is CRAZY. I know Sonic Drive in offers great dogs and many of the same kinds for 1.99 each or at Costco or BJ's you can get a hot dog and soda for under $2.00.

If money is no object and you want hot dogs go right ahead to Cool Dogs. If like me you enjoy going out but are cost sensitive in this economey go to your local hot dog truck for a quick dog at a 1/3 of the price.

New Jersey
“"Gourmet" hot dogs?”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Its about half past lunchtime. I'm cruising down Route 70 and, in my extreme peripheral vision, I notice a sign in a strip mall “Gourmet Hot Dogs.” “How can that be?” I thought. “A hot dog can't be a gourmet. The person EATING it might be a gourmet, but the hot dog itself definitely is not.” I stopped in.

I checked out the menu board. Their hot dogs are all beef (good!) and are served with lots of different topping combinations. They also have “slider” hamburgers and “Belgian Frites” french fries.

In a picture frame, off to the side, is the owner's story about how the store came to be. He is from northern New Jersey (Me too! Which exit?), which he says is “the unofficial hot dog capital of the world” (nothing UNofficial about it!). “Many of my favorite hot dog places closed.” (Maybe, but new ones open too. Maybe his real problem is that north Jersey is 80 to 100 miles away.) So he found a couple of culinary/restaurant guys, and together they came up with this concept.

Reading further I see that their hot dogs are deep fried. So I ask the young lady behind the counter if they have a north Jersey-style Italian hot dog. She has no idea what I'm talking about. In fact, neither of the young ladies behind the counter has any answers for anything, and the people in the kitchen who are apparently in charge don't want to come out and answer a customer's questions.

The young lady says they do have what they call an Italian hot dog with fried onions and peppers and potatoes, but they serve it on a hoagie roll. (Well, we ARE in the Philadelphia suburbs.) OK, I'll try it.

It was tasty, but I'll bet I would have enjoyed it a lot more if there was someone more knowledgeable that could have answered some questions.

One more thing ... TripAdvisor's Google map in this review is misleading. Google has a problem differentiating between addresses on Route 70 East and Route 70 West in Cherry Hill. Cool Dog is actually about 5 miles east of where they show it, near the Marlton border.

1 Thank UneasyRider